Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuhrer Hauptquartier Cuff Title

Hey everyone,

I just recently purchased this at an estate sale of a WW2 vet. Got plenty of other rare items but this one seems to be the rarest of the group. I have tested it with a black light and there s no glowing. Opinions? I am thinking about selling it but I want to make sure it is real. Thanks for all the help.

cufftitle

Clearly a reproduction. The materials and style are not like the originals.

Comment

I believe this is an original officers version...the em types were yellow thread...you have a very rare item there...if the estate was a real vets estate, it all is original IMO...I have a photo of one they nixed that I needed help with here, and lost the deal because of bad advice like this guy just spouted ... 100% good IMO.
      here is the one I lost on because of the nimrods....

compare the similarities, and this is also listed in a book, but right off I cant recall the name or author but have it somewhere from the e mail authenticating it too late...congratulations you have a very nice and rare cufftitle...should be worth a lot of money.(thousands) Do not be fooled into thinking this is a fake...and then selling yourself short...I admire those who can score the woodwork, and so dont be stupid...and be B.S.'d into giving away the best item in his lot,by believeing bad advice... besides the family may be able to tell you more about his things if you contact them...
      Last edited by juoneen; 03-02-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Fake items have been found at vet estates with other real items.... They purchased something after the war that they thought was real and added it to their collection.

Comment

I tend to agree. I have read that there are some variants, some silver and black, some gold and black. If I am not mistaken the gold and black was the first production run. By looking at some reproductions online, I noticed the 'h" is different than what ours look like. If you run across the email authenticating, or who you got it authenticated by, please feel free to let me know. I would appreciate it. I am trying to find a book or some written material now that shows what the originals look like. Thanks for your time. It is always easier to just cast it off as a fake. I think this is a legit one as well.

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          I believe this is an original officers version...the em types were yellow thread...you have a very rare item there...if the estate was a real vets estate, it all is original IMO...I have a photo of one they nixed that I needed help with here, and lost the deal because of bad advice like this guy just spouted ... 100% good IMO.
          here is the one I lost on because of the nimrods....

compare the similarities, and this is also listed in a book, but right off I cant recall the name or author but have it somewhere from the e mail authenticating it too late...congratulations you have a very nice and rare cufftitle...should be worth a lot of money.(thousands) Do not be fooled into thinking this is a fake...and then selling yourself short...I admire those who can score the woodwork, and so dont be stupid...and be B.S.'d into giving away the best item in his lot,by believeing bad advice... besides the family may be able to tell you more about his things if you contact them...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X