Cavalry Waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry Waffenrock

I recently purchased this cavalry waffenrock and am eager to learn about the unit it represents. It appears to be the 46th regiment, but I don't know what the "4" button represents. Is anyone able to identify the unit(s) and background info on them? Also, what were the wool straps on the shoulder boards used for?

Thanks.

Sammy T.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

If it is indeed a Kavallerie waffenrock, it would be from Kompanie 4 of Aufklärungs-Abteilung 46 of 46. Infanterie Division but the waffenfarbe looks more like signals yellow in your photos.
                  The wool loop on the shoulder straps was normally used as a security measure to cover the regimental numeral. I'm not really up on waffenrocks, so hopefully someone else will provide you with more information about the tunic as a whole, but I can see that there looks to be a pip missing on the straps.

Comment

thanks for the info John. I agree, it does appear that there was once one pip on each of the straps. In regards to cavalry vs. signals, what color yellow would cavalry be? brighter, darker, etc..

Sammy t

Comment

I see what you are saying regarding the color and this does appear to be signals rather than cavalry. That being said, would the same unit information apply? company 4, 46 abteilung, 46 th division? If not, can this signals unit be identified?

Sammy T

Comment

tunic

You might look on the inside lining toward the bottom and corner to see if there is an ink stamp which would be the unit approval of the private purchase tunic. It would name the unit like N.A. 4./46 for Nachrichten Abteilung or a similar cavalry regt. marking. The piping appears to be signals on my screen.

Comment

I don't see any ink stamps, I'm assuming if there were any they have been lost to time. I also am in agreement now that the piping does look like signals rather than cavalry.

Sammy t.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyT View Post
                            I see what you are saying regarding the color and this does appear to be signals rather than cavalry. That being said, would the same unit information apply? company 4, 46 abteilung, 46 th division? If not, can this signals unit be identified?

Sammy T
                            The signals battallion for 46 Infanterie Division seems to have been 76 N/A, but you may find this thread interesting... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=5271874

Comment

thanks for the info and your efforts John. This is a little confusing, particularly when trying to decifer in German and the German units, but I'm assuming mine is from Korps- Nachrichten- Abteilung 46 like the link refers?

Sammy T.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X