nice M41 EM tunic, "promoted" to officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frans H. View Post
    It is a beautifull tunic, but some questions remain. For instance, Paul said: Why are the collar and eagle added to the EM tunic ( as part of upgrade ), not the usual dark green?

I wonder myself. You see more EM tunics that are upgraded to officer tunics, but these have a dark green collar.

I would like to know what the definite verdict is about this tunic.

I have owned several factory made field tunics with wool collars that were a different shade,just the factories use of surplus collars from a different bolt of wool. They were not exactly tailoring business suits and nothing was wasted.

I have also had (and have) a few M-43 hats using a few different shades of wool.

Example of a M42 with a slightly different shade of wool used for the collar,and I also have a M-40 with a different type wool collar used,factory sewn.

Glenn
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Frans H. View Post
      Paul said: Why are the collar and eagle added to the EM tunic ( as part of upgrade ), not the usual dark green?

I wonder myself. You see more EM tunics that are upgraded to officer tunics, but these have a dark green collar.

Period photo and I can show several more.

Glenn
      Attached Files
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thank you Glenn for your input. I just saw that the tunic has been sold. But, what the heck....I learned something new

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X