Removed from tunic ribbons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed from tunic ribbons.

I do love these ribbons and was very pleased to find an Ost ribbon, off tunic, nicely worn and grubby. Anyone else collect these?

Jon

I love these tunic removed ribbons. Underappreciated and undervalued IMO

Comment

Very nice. In the past I would walk right by these. I regret that now.

Comment

I buy them when ever I get a chance. Matt

Comment

They are compelling!

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Whenever I see them it makes my heart break to think of the outcome of the tunic that they belonged to.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
              Whenever I see them it makes my heart break to think of the outcome of the tunic that they belonged to.

Totally agree Adam, recently aquired 1st pattern tropical tunic still with its period applied breast eagle and Litzen but unfortunately a badge collector removed two button hole ribbons a chevron and Krim shield.

Greg
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
                Nice pair Ron one I would like to find.
                I do agree with what was said about removing, I could never do it myself just devalues both, financially and historically but you could say the same about anything that has once been on a tunic.I would prefer the whole uniform but to me as the mark of a medal, quite valid in a medal collection, same as cloth awards and Spangen.
                I'm just happy to pick them up if I find them and you never know how they got separated. I do know one of mine, the one off the wrap was removed by the veteran as I have a list of his Silber Nahkampfspange days which was part of a grouping.

Jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X