Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framed photo of a Recruiter of Wehrkreis I - nice shoulderboards

Gentlemen,

a few days ago I have got this nice framed photo of a Recruiter of Wehrkreis 1 - Königsberg. It was recently found in an attic.
    I know that it's not posted in the right section but I wanted to post it as a reverence for all you uniform / shoulderboard collectors.

Thank you all for looking.

Philipp

IMG_17811.jpg

IMG_17831.jpg

A very nice portrait Philipp!

Comment

Hello Philipp,

thank you for posting this Picture. It's very nice, and Shows shoulderstraps that should not exist by official orders (as so often) !

Best regards,
      Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by vizenz View Post
        Hello Philipp,

thank you for posting this Picture. It's very nice, and Shows shoulderstraps that should not exist by official orders (as so often) !

Best regards,
        Andreas
        I agree, should be orange Waffenfarbe without the "W" in the Feldbluse strap period. I have never seen a pair like these.

Comment

This is correct in white waffenfarbe with the Roman Numeral and "W" for regulations. It was changed from Orange Red with only the roman number to this combination after the War started in 1939.

Comment

Another nice addition to your collection Philipp. Thanks for sharing.

Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              This is correct in white waffenfarbe with the Roman Numeral and "W" for regulations. It was changed from Orange Red with only the roman number to this combination after the War started in 1939.
              I am aware that the Waffenfarbe changed from orange to white and that the "W" for Wehrkreiss was added at that time, I have never seen a Feldbluse strap embroidered like this ( as they were phased out production c. '38). Clearly there was at least one pair in existance.

Comment

This could also be pre-end of 1935 and for a soldier assigned to the Military Headquarters for Wehrkreis I. That would also explain the pointed strap and lack of piping on the board edges. The eagle looks like an early type as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                  This could also be pre-end of 1935 and for a soldier assigned to the Military Headquarters for Wehrkreis I. That would also explain the pointed strap and lack of piping on the board edges. The eagle looks like an early type as well.
                  No, if you mean the first type of Wehrkreis devices, they looked different.
                  As OSS said before, the pointed (M35) fieldblouse strap was changed to the rounded (piped) type in 1938. In 1939 orders were given that the producion of pointed boards is forbidden! And the Change to this type of "W" and Rom.num. was in end of 39.

I saw some pointed boards with "W" and Roman numeral during the time. But always Feldwebel ranks with metal devices, and never an embroidered one.
                  But you can find a lot of "recycled" earlier boards with later devices, if you have an open mind. Not to forgett the private bought pointed boards in the late war era from some Units.

Best regards,
                  Andreas

Comment

Great discussion - thank you all for posting.
                    Does anyone need some additional photos?

Best,
                    Philipp

Comment

There are pictures of the same type of boards in the new book on shoulder straps by Dave and Tom Suter. They are exactly like the ones shown and are embroidered in white.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X