Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LT/CPT Siegfried Sadtler grouping

WAF members,

So I have had this grouping tunic for a little while and got it from a fellow WAF member Reggu a while ago. I have just not gotten around to posting any pics or details but I am asking the community to help assist me in bringing this set/grouping back together if at all possible. I had hinted at it some months ago in another thread and the time has come to get moving on this whole grouping and I would greatly appreciate any assistance in getting it back together.

History of the grouping:

it was split up by Kai Winkler about 2 years ago or a little bit more. There was this tunic which was stripped, a continental tunic with TDB and it has a makers tag with Sadtler's name written in it, a parade helmet, a jacket I believe as well and all of his documents. I would like to at least know who has what parts of this grouping with the hopes that I can reunite them in my collection.

History on Hauptmann Sadtler:

Good ole Siegfried was a highly decorated Soldier who started out enlisted and ended the war as a Kampfgruppenfuehrer Bat. Kom as an OberLtn but was promoted to Hauptmann in May 1945 per his records (its hand written on the record). He started out his military history as a Gefr. d. R. on 1.10.39 with 5./JR 77, made Uffz. D. R. 1.4.42 Heeres Nachr. Dolm. Schule, Meissen, made LT d.R. 1.10.42 at 13. OAL., Leipzig and OBLT. d. R. 1.11.44 with the 9th Pz Div. Hauptmann d. R. May45

Awards earned:

BWB 30.9.43
    SWB 26.11.44
    GWB 6.2.45
    EK I and EK II 26.11.44
    Pz. Vern.Abz. 31.12.44
    Pz.St.Abz. Bronce 14.3.45
    Nachkampfspange 14.3.45

His TDB was earned 28.12.1944 per the award document.
    Attached Files

Now I only have the light weight heavily faded and restored jacket that I will post pics of in a few minutes.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the tunic of his that I own. It was stripped post war which was not uncommon as we all know. The tunic shows heavy fading and heavy wear, especially in the armpit area on both sides. The boards used on it are the actual ones that were sewn in per David as he got them and another set of boards that belong to Siegfried at the auction and had them resewn. There was thread that matched so its a pretty safe assumption to make that they were the original ones used on this tunic before it was stripped post war. So thats a plus now the eagle is not the original nor is the ribbon but the fad marks and prior stitch lines are clearly there from the previous eagle. The collar tabs are also replacements and were not won in the auction.
      Attached Files

Comment

He obviously like this jacket quite a bit as there are numerous repairs all over the jacket but its got that salty appearance that most of us like. My goal is to get as much of this grouping back together as possible. I would rally like to get a hold of the other jacket and the documents. I am willing to trade other PzGrn items of mine or even Kradschutzen/Schutzen items or outright purchase the pieces to get this grouping back together. I would prefer to not sell my jacket but id rather see the set back together than scattered to the winds so really what ever it takes.

That said please PM me if anyone knows who has some of these pieces so maybe we can work something out. Either way its a grouping that should go back together if at all possible. I have had piss poor luck with this in the past as there is always one part of the puzzle that doesn't want to sell/trade their item and they don't want to purchase your portion either. So for once lets get together as a community and see if we can't bring this whole group back together. I'll post pics of the continental tunic that I have. Matt
        Attached Files

Comment

I hope there is some assistance that comes out of this post/thread but if not I hope you guys enjoy the thread about a Soldier. Always nice to be able to put a face to an item and get more history about it. To put the grouping back together would be a hell of an achievement, I will have to continue to look forward to that possibility. Matt
          Attached Files

Comment

This is a pic of the jacket when it was sold by Kai. The other pics were sent to Reggu by the current owner and if David would post his WAF name I would appreciate it as I can't seem to dig it out of my files at this point. Perhaps some of the other members here know him, as he never responded to the emails I sent and a PM. Matt
            Attached Files

Comment

The last one I have.... Matt
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice grouping. I hope you manage to reunite the whole grouping. Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim, I am not holding out a lot of hope for it but I damn sure am going to try. As I said above, it never fails that someone in the equation does not want to sell their part or buy your to put it all back together and that is what is frustrating. I have been down a similar road with a grouping to an Inf LT that was split up and had to just say the hell with it. I believe the documents sold for around 2700 euros (ouch!)

The guy who bought the continental tunic is on this forum and his name is: JPRRWR99

I emailed him and pmed him and never got a response, there is also a thread in which he mentions having it http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=Sadtler

Id appreciate any assistance in getting the grouping back together. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X