Unique GD shoulder straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique GD shoulder straps

I have finally got these back from safe keeping in the UK, I aquired these along with a CT and other bits and pieces back in 1989 whilst based in germany from a GD veteran. The story that went with them is pretty good. The guy died shortly after he gave these to me, and the reason I got them was because nobody in his family was the least bit interested in them, or in fact wanted anything to do with that part of his past!!!!

He served in II Batt Inf. Rgt GD, and was wounded in Russia, summer 1943 (no other info regarding dates etc), whilst his mates were dragging him to safety his straps were lost, his wounds were not bad but he was knocked unconcious. He was treated at the front and given 2 weeks rest in the rear at a vehicle maintenance section to convalesce. He ended up there minus all his gear which had been moved on with his company.

Apparently the Feldwebel there was a total bastard and was always giving his guys hell about uniform standards!! Crazy in the middle of a war, but all us ex serving guys know the deal and have had experience of this
    Anyway long and short of it is the maintenance guys made him a set of cyphers from a shell casing for a spare pair of straps donated by one of the guys.
    And here they are....as I said, not for sale and "un-sellable" anyway due to their no standard construction.

Enjoy
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

GD Straps

Fantastic! I can see why you don't want to part with them!

Comment

Wonderful.....and im sure many collectors would like to have them in their collection!

Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikster View Post
            And here they are....as I said, not for sale and "un-sellable" anyway due to their no standard construction.

Enjoy
            I have always liked field made items. I have a friend who has an assault gun wrapper with Panzerabwehr cyphers made just like these.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
            X