Why so hard to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so hard to find?

Any idea why this type of volkssturm is so much harder to find than the red white and black type. There seems to even be more period pictures of this type! Maybe a second standard type? My guess is what it was worn on the eastern front thus less remain....
    Attached Files

A few more.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

only 1 left after this.....
        Attached Files

Comment

these are all just found with a quick search of volkssturm....
          Attached Files

Comment

Never thought about it. However, I like the armband shown much better than the standard easily found band.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerfan53 View Post
              Never thought about it. However, I like the armband shown much better than the standard easily found band.
              I do too. The eagle is nicer but even if you do find them of course it being white will always be a problem for collecting them.... An odd thing that you don't think about really....

Comment

Are they white or yellow in colour?

Cheers.

Comment

Volkssturm Armband

I've been searching for this variation of the Volkssturm armband for quite a long time now and have never seen an original for sale. I do agree the reason this type isn't seen is because it does appear that it was only used on the by units on the eastern front.

Comment

They are white from the looks of them compared to the collars or parts of their clothing. How long has you searched for this type ETN?

Comment

The closest examples I have seen are this one in the link and the attached one but both are still different....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is this type even in any reference books?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X