panzerabwehr strange schoulderboards opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panzerabwehr strange schoulderboards opinion please

This shoulderboards and collar strap was custom made by owner. P and 15 was removed and added straps and something that looks like palm. Whot thats mean - AFRIKA? Palm, straps from shoulderboards and collar are easy to remove. Should i do that or leave like it is?

Last edited by Lukasz78; 12-01-2013, 06:45 AM.

Shoulderstraps

The shoulder straps do not look like any type of regulation or private manufacture that I have ever seen. Also, the NCO tress is like nothing that I have ever seen. The tunic itself looks to be a very early piece by quality of the collar tabs. Here is a link to the unit and it shows a very early formation:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...Abteilung%2016

I would look for original straps and tress to restore it; only my opinion though...

Comment

Very strange looking with these tresse! Never seen an Afrika-Palm on shoulderboards!

But collar-tabs seems to be Reichswehr-pieces. Not so often to find on such jackets.

Best regards

Nightwish

Comment

It probably was used after the War in a film or as a costume for theater etc.

Comment

no, that jacket was never touch after the war. It looks like home made upgrade. On the left sleeve is mark belonging to the badge Gefreiter.
          the strips are easy to remove, under the strips are normal soldat shoulderboards, but i dont know whot is with tis PALMS?? remove them all, and make gefreiter or do not touch???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X