X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This uniform existed. Panzer granadier camuflague wrap

http://www.dragon-models.com/d-m-item.asp?pid=DRF70585

Hello friends.
    I'm trying to make a uniform charter from assault cannon / tank during the Battle of Normandy (Whermacht) and I wonder if this even existed. I doubt that in recent times there is much "imagination".
    Be obliged any help, recommendation or suggestion.
    Forgive my English.
    regards

Oblt. Ludwig

There is a Foto in the Brian Davis book, on Heer Uniforms, of a StuG RKT, Oblt. Ludwig I believe, and he is wearing a Splittertarn wrapper. I think, it being summer, most of the Heer camo used was not Sumpftarn. You might search some of the Panzer Lehr threads on this forum and see more heer Normandie worn camo.

Originally posted by jabara View Post
    http://www.dragon-models.com/d-m-item.asp?pid=DRF70585

Hello friends.
    I'm trying to make a uniform charter from assault cannon / tank during the Battle of Normandy (Whermacht) and I wonder if this even existed. I doubt that in recent times there is much "imagination".
    Be obliged any help, recommendation or suggestion.
    Forgive my English.
    regards

Comment

Oberleutnant Franz Ludwig

He was Oberleutnant Franz Ludwig of StuG Abt. 1346. Here are some Fotos:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ober...w=1306&bih=733

I can't tell, maybe his wrapper is made from Italian camo material?

Comment

splinter camo yes and defiantly Italian camo material was used but never seen one in a marsh camo. Matt

Comment

The jacket worn by Ludwig was standard mouse-gray issue I believe with shadows creating the appearance of a cammo pattern.

Comment

Perhaps this is what you had in mind:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
              The jacket worn by Ludwig was standard mouse-gray issue I believe with shadows creating the appearance of a cammo pattern.
              Yes, Ludwig did not wear a camouflaged wrap :

Comment

I haven't seen yet on a period pic a complete camouflaged (either splinter, tan water or even italian) uniform with the same cut than the regualar Drillichschutzanzug für Panzertruppen.

The Dragon production uniform is fantaisy imo, but in another hand, i have learn to never say never with field made camo uniforms...

Field made splinter camo wraps, with a cut close to standart wool wraps but without chest pocket, are seldomly observed :

Sometimes in places you would not expect to see some :

And of course, use of italian camouflage for field made wraps :

Field made trousers with this camo and a large external flaped pocket applied on left leg are not uncommon, but not similar to the "true" panzer cut.
                derka

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post

The Dragon production uniform is fantasy imo
                  Dragon is probably running out of ideas for new subjects. There were reproduction HBT sets made 10-15 yrs ago in the "Sumpf" pattern with insignia and markings for the Hermann Goering Division which found their way into at least one reference book. This may be where they got this idea for this "fantasy" uniform.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Have seen a very great knowledge.
                    For recreation maybe even pick 2 WH panzer div. I doubt if the WH also used the Italian camo.
                    regards

Comment

Jabara, which Osprey book did that illustration come from? Thanks.

Comment

That illustration was in Men At Arms No.336 The German Army 1939-45 (5) Western Front 1943-45.

Winterdan.

Comment

The sumpftarn/marsch pattern jackets/pants one sees at the show made out of hbt are bad...MAYBE someone wore something made out of sumpftarn, but not hbt, to my knowledge, it never existed.

Comment

One from my collection. This postcard-size photo belongs to a huge Feldherrnhalle citation & photo grouping.

It seems that he's also wearing camo pants.

Regards, Matthias
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
                              One from my collection. This postcard-size photo belongs to a huge Feldherrnhalle citation & photo grouping.

It seems that he's also wearing camo pants.

Regards, Matthias

It looks like its cut like the M44 tunic. Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X