Pockets for field grey M40 and M43 tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pockets for field grey M40 and M43 tunics

Hi. I have a couple of M40 and m43 Heer and SS tunic which have had pockets removed ( I guess as part of the ex POW system following the war. I am desperate to part restore them but simply can't find any worn field grey pockets anywhere . Can anyone help steer me on an appropriate direction ;-) ?

Originally posted by waffen44 View Post
    Hi. I have a couple of M40 and m43 Heer and SS tunic which have had pockets removed ( I guess as part of the ex POW system following the war. I am desperate to part restore them but simply can't find any worn field grey pockets anywhere . Can anyone help steer me on an appropriate direction ;-) ?
    Your best bet would be to troll German eBay for a few totally destroyed tunics and buy them for parts and take the pockets off. Matt

Comment

why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
        why bother?
        Good luck! Finding wool or even pockets to match in color, size and wool nap will be a full time job for the rest of your life.

I believe pockets are different sizes and depended on the size of the tunic.

Best wishes, Good luck Gute Jagd!!

Fred

Comment

If you truly want to do this, I would sacrifice the worst condition tunic and have pockets tailored from the material.

Only though if the wool is a reasonable match.

Lets be honest, the chance of finding a wrecked tunic for each of the ones you mentioned for the express purpose of
          removing the pockets would be super, super hard.If not impossible.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
          X