JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stripped officer's summer tunic.. what branch? correct insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this tunic on the way...
    what is the correct breast eagle? Flatwire with felt back?
    Also, what rank/branch are the collar tabs?
    Is this officer's since it has a dagger hanger?

My project is to restore this tunic.. so I would like whatever guidance you may be able to provide on how to do it correctly.

Thanks in advance!
    -Brian
    Attached Files

more pics

Attached Files

Comment

more pics

Attached Files

Comment

more pics

Attached Files

Comment

more pics

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BROBS View Post
            I have this tunic on the way...
            what is the correct breast eagle? Flatwire with felt back?
            Also, what rank/branch are the collar tabs?
            Is this officer's since it has a dagger hanger?

My project is to restore this tunic.. so I would like whatever guidance you may be able to provide on how to do it correctly.

Thanks in advance!
            -Brian
            Congrats on the tunic, and yes, it is for an officer. Waffenfarbe on the litzen looks like panzer or arty, but the patina makes it hard to tell. I'd lean towards panzer, but others may have different opinions.

Breast eagles on these vary, I've seen both bullion and woven versions, the latter being more common IMHO.

You'll want to find some slip on officers boards.
            Last edited by BaselA; 11-30-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the info.
              Do you think it would be best to leave the tabs? Or remove them and replace with recognizable ones?

By woven you mean the flatwire type?

I wonder about adding an award loop or two?

I will keep an eye open for boards.

Thanks again, Basel.
              -Brian

Comment

I would leave the tabs, maybe try to remove some dust, very gently, and I would not add extra award loops...as little as possible, the eagle ofcourse and a nice pair of really heavy worn boards would make it a real nice tunic.

Hans Kristian

Comment

Originally posted by BROBS View Post
                  Thank you for the info.
                  Do you think it would be best to leave the tabs? Or remove them and replace with recognizable ones?

By woven you mean the flatwire type?

I wonder about adding an award loop or two?

I will keep an eye open for boards.

Thanks again, Basel.
                  -Brian
                  its a nice jacket don't change it add an eagle (make sure its sewn on so others can tell hes reapplied in the future) and some boards i would go with infantry because the wear is making it go white and as its slip on makes no big deal if further on you want it to be artillery/panzer or whatever

Comment

I agree with Hans. A set of salty slip ons and a well worn breast eagle. Don't change anything you don't have too.

Comment

Ok thanks for steering me away from the path of temptation I will not add award loops.
                      I will wait until I get it in hand to see whether I think the boards are arty or pz.

I am still a bit confused about the eagle.. would it be a non-felt backed flatwire or a different woven eagle?

I don't know much about the cloth insignia.

Thanks,
                      -Brian

Comment

I'd find a well worn officer bullion eagle if it were mine.

Comment

What you need

This would probably work out for you. I'd be happy to help you with your project should you need this. After you get the tunic and determine that it is Arty, PM me and we can work something out if you are interested. These are only gathering dust in one of my cases, so if they could be used, that would be terrific.

Bob
                          Attached Files

Comment

Brian,

well if it were mine I would go with a nice flatwire eagle on a backing, im partial to the early brownish eagles on the green backing but that is just me. I saw this tunic and just about bought it but I had a few other irons in the fire. Here is a thread I started on some of mine: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=688996

I no longer have the Pz officer as I sold it and the hat to finance a tunic that turned out to be put together so im a bit bitter about the sale of it but its the way the game goes. Anyways here are a few pics for quick reference and good luck! Also don't add any loops to it that were not there before. By the way these are my favorite type of tunics so if you get tired of it in the future hit me up!

Matt
                            Attached Files

Comment

You will find that that cut is always pretty similar in these jackets but the variety of colors and materials used are about as wide as you can imagine. I really love the green duct material ones, truly just killer pieces! Matt
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X