Help with German Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with German Script

Help reading this name tag would be appreciated.

The tag is inside a waffenrock I picked up from Klaus Butschek. I'm told the rock is named to Arnulf Datz but to be honest....I don't see "Datz" in the script.

The first two letters appear to be "D" and an "a"... but what are the last two letters?

Thanks

Mark
    Attached Files

Hi,

for me it is Fhj. Uffz. Dartz

Uwe

Comment

trans

I read Fhj. Uffz. D a t z.

Comment

I'd go with "Dartz" instead of "Datz", too.

Comment

Interesting.

I appreciate your replies and I welcome more opinions.

Does anyone know if Arnulf Datz was ever with the 12th Infantry Regiment?

Or...does anyone have information on a Herr Dartz with the 12th Infantry Regiment?

Mark

Comment

He is recorded as serving in the 517th IR for most of his service. After the Polish campaign, the second battalion of IR 12 was used to raise that regiment in Feb. 1940. The unpublished service records are really the only resource that would have his assignments before he was commissioned as well as the dates of rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              He is recorded as serving in the 517th IR for most of his service. After the Polish campaign, the second battalion of IR 12 was used to raise that regiment in Feb. 1940. The unpublished service records are really the only resource that would have his assignments before he was commissioned as well as the dates of rank.
              Thanks, John.

I attached both labels for comparison.

Is it possible Datz was a Fähnrich on 10-10-38 when the waffenrock was made and he held the same rank on 6-7-39 when his other uniform set was made?

Mark
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MLH13; 11-30-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
              X