Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converted WH M42 tunic – original?

Hello,
    I already purchased this tunic and I have many doubts about its originality.

It looks like M42 tunic converted to “walking out” cavalry Unteroffizier uniform:
    - changed collar to “bottle green”, with NCO Tresse and backed late war Kregenspiegeln (which was also upgraded by adding yellow Waffenfarbe by machine embriored, which looks like added using transparent marker),
    - untypical “bottle green” shoulder straps with NCO Tresse with yellow Waffenfarbe (strange materials, yellow Waffenfarbe also looks like added using transparent marker ,
    - early type adler glued to the tunic (so probably previous removed – on the uniform still visible signs of sewing),
    - sings of sewing Gefreiter / Obergefreiter chevron on the left arm,
    - RBNr and measurements markings on acetate lining,
    - untypical buttons,
    - sings of intensive use on lining,
    - moths signs.
    Is there any chance on its originality or its reenactment / movie piece?

Thanks in advance!
    Michael

The tunic is a very nice original with what looks like wartime tresse and tabs etc. The eagle was probably removed after the War like 90% of tunics and was probably just glued on for collector display. The yellow thread added to the wartime tabs is fairly common to see on tunics like this that were made to look like M36 tunics.

Comment

It looks really nice, love the zigzag stitching over the gray strips to make it look like a M36, id get that eagle resewn. Matt

Comment

Hello,

A very nice original walking out dress uniform for a cavalry Unteroffizier. The boards appear to private purchase/tailor mad. The collar tabs are the late war grey on fieldgrey tabs mounted on a dark green base with a yellow stitch oversewn on the tab. Overall a very nice uniform. The only problem I see is that the eagle needs to be sewn on.

Fred

Comment

same opinion. But imo the yellow on the boards is for signals, not kavallerie or recon.

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post
            same opinion. But imo the yellow on the boards is for signals, not kavallerie or recon.

Comment

Nice best dress "ausgehe" signals M36/42 uniform! Nice custom touch those litzen branch color stitched like that.
              I have seen that done before! Great condition! Congrats!

Comment

#
                Last edited by Fred Green; 11-26-2013, 03:56 PM. Reason: Double post!

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post

My Bad, madandi is correct. I have a pair of cavalry tabs mad just like this but with midwar tabs.

Fred

Comment

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your all opinions!

Best regards
                    Michael

Comment

super looking walking out tunic!

Comment

It's a great looking jacket and I would live to have it in my collection. A few minutes and a decent sew job later it would be just killer and I don't even collect signal items. Matt

Comment

I like it a lot. Very nice find, congratulations.

Comment

I agree with all the above, congrats on this find!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                              Nice custom touch those litzen branch color stitched like that.
                              Agree, it really is a nice feature.

Its a very nice tunic, just need to restore that eagle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X