photo: M36 Bluse without eagle applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photo: M36 Bluse without eagle applied

I guess once this Grenadier applies his eagle the tunic is no-longer considered "untouched."

Collectors will deem it reaplied and purists will call it: "messed with".
    Attached Files

Perhaps the reason later-war breast eagles were sturdily machine-applied was simply because some of the hand-sewn early ones fell off with frontline wear.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
      Perhaps the reason later-war breast eagles were sturdily machine-applied was simply because some of the hand-sewn early ones fell off with frontline wear.
      I think you are right

Comment

I am wondering if he removed it himself..Perhaps he looked at the white eagle as being somewhat of a target when in the field..

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
          I am wondering if he removed it himself..Perhaps he looked at the white eagle as being somewhat of a target when in the field..

Glenn
          That is certainly the reason they promptly adopted subdued insignia.

Comment

Definitely looks like there was an eagle on there.

Comment

Originally Posted by Glenn McInnes
              With all due respect, that has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard....

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                With all due respect, that has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard....

Are comments like this necessary? No wonder collectors are posting less and less on these Forums.

You do know the Germans went with a subdued mouse grey eagle so it would be less visible in the field.That is why I commented that it could be the reason.

Probably not the reason but maybe a possibility..You don't know and either do I.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post

Glenn
                  Perfectly reasonable thinking. The hood of the mouse grey/white two piece winter suit was often removed in the field by troops as when worn with grey side out the white hood lining stood out clearly as a mark.

Comment

Apologies Glenn, I guess like everything its a matter of opinion.
                    As for subdued insignia, all of us with experience in the field know "every little helps", but I myself think its minimal.....particularly amongst WW II Germans...I mean they hung so many baubles off themselves..I guess thats why we like them, there is so much to collect!

Rik

Comment

The one on the left seems to have too long shoulderboards, and the one on the right too short...

Comment

Here is the entire image:

note the tents in the back
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think they are dealers showing us the before and after shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon View Post
                            Have you ever been in the military or under fire? I cannot not say this is why he is not wearing an eagle but concern for a white eagle makes perfect sense to me. I can answer yes to both of my questions above. We wore covers over our watch faces and and I keep my mouth shut so they would not see my teeth. That is how it works. My uncle knew a man who had his hand shot off when a sniper saw his wedding ring in the sun. The small stuff you overlook is what gets you killed or hurt most often.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                              Have you ever been in the military or under fire? I cannot not say this is why he is not wearing an eagle but concern for a white eagle makes perfect sense to me. I can answer yes to both of my questions above. We wore covers over our watch faces and and I keep my mouth shut so they would not see my teeth. That is how it works. My uncle knew a man who had his hand shot off when a sniper saw his wedding ring in the sun. The small stuff you overlook is what gets you killed or hurt most often.
                              I too can answer "yes" to above questions, and if top of your list is a shiny badge on your shirt.....A. Why is it ther in the first place? And B....get it ****ing off if it is there......Rikster out

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X