M36 Em combat tunic with wide officers collar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the auction just ended...
    Only 3 bidders battling it out...and I got outbid by $10 bucks...
    Sold for $525. Congrats to winner (if he's a member here)!
    It was listed as a repro on fleabay in the WW2 reproduction section
    WW ll German Army Reproduction M36 Fieldgray uniform Wool. Very good clean condition. Missing emblem above top pocket. NO swastikas anywhere on this jacket. Approx 32" chest- 26" from shoulder to bottom hem. 18" from underarm to end of sleeve.

and it was also listed in the adult costumes Halloween section !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0#ht_938wt_948

Comment

Some idiot probably told them it was a reproduction or a antique dealer who was dishonest and knew it was real but wanted to pay nothing for it and told them it was fake. It will restore nicely.

Comment

Amazing what happens to things over time because of silly notions. But what is really cool is the circles and arrows...reminds me of Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          Some idiot probably told them it was a reproduction or a antique dealer who was dishonest and knew it was real but wanted to pay nothing for it and told them it was fake. It will restore nicely.
          Exactly. That's what happened...I lost the auction because I got my numbers mixed up... thinking I had placed a higher dollar bid still...I am pretty bummed that I missed getting this gem.
          I even had the insignia waiting for it... to get it finished! It will restore really nicely with little effort like you said.
          Few viewers because it was listed in the fake section-Halloween section and people were at the SOS...Oh well...

Comment

I had a guy come to me at a show one time with a really nice original Army SD helmet with a liner and chinstrap and he asked me what I would give him for it. I offered 500 and he said "you know it is repainted right?" Some dealer had told him it was fake and offered him 100 bucks for it. It was completely original and he sold it to me for 400 for being honest

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X