M36 Em combat tunic with wide officers collar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M36 Em combat tunic with wide officers collar

Thoughts on this M36 EM style combat tunic with widened officers collar.
    Looks like early blueish green wool or Dutch beute wool.
    Attached Files

Details
    Attached Files

Comment

Last set...no interior shots (yet)...Looks new...eagle obviously removed and sew-in boards obviously removed!
      only retains officers engineer farbe litzen...First impression?
      The collar (back view) sits kind of low???
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a original wool field tunic that was private purchased and used for "leave" ocations and probably hanged in a closet during the war! But more then that a great original tunic from what i can see!

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
          ..First impression?
          Yes, the pics are very bad...

Comment

I (mostly) agree with Reggu.
            Original EM tunic for sure, but modified with new collar (and sew in shoulderboards) for officer use.
            I however, lean towards a tunic that was intended for field/service use, rather than "ausgeh-jacke" or "on leave" uniform, as it does not have the bellows on the lower pockets removed, (and it does not look like it has been tailored to a snug fit?) The lower pockets and the skirt may have been lifted a tad, and it almost looks like that the skirt was extended again (in the back) at a later moment?
            I would love to have a look of the inside - lining and perhaps factory markings, if still present.

Best Regards
            Björn

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far...sounds encouraging! The eagle glue staining can easily be covered up, that should not effect the value!
              What's a reasonable price for it in this condition?

Just noticed that the tabs are parallel with the bottom of the collar and not with the top... as it should be....
              Last edited by NickG; 10-05-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

OK I have interior shots now... M39 Munich depot marked....so definately not Dutch beute wool!!
                just an early blue-isch field gray!
                Appears something was removed...cut out...???
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 10-05-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Probably a museum or ownership stamp has been cut out like this-
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Johnny R; 10-05-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah looks like inventory stamp.

Comment

@Johnny

Nick, as the guys have said it appears to be some sort of ink stamp cut out as on the left side of the hole some of the ink is still visible.

Brett

Comment

Johnny I respectfully have to disagree with you! No hard feelings I hope, but you got it all wrong!
                        Based on your illustration that's a clock wise cut...left to right (= left handed job...clearly the wrong orientation!).
                        I think it was a counter clock wise circular scissor cut, so in fact done like this! (right to left)
                        Note the proper direction of the scissor illustration corrected here!
                        (start point to end point in circular motion resulting n a hole..,,no forensic proof, but statistically speaking
                        right handed work has far better odds IMO!)

In all seriousness though, has anybody heard of this maker? Any examples out there with similar markings?
                        I think it reads "Wilh.Bleyle K.G." (=Wilhelm)
                        K.G. of course has nothing to do with Kampf Gruppe, it is a German abbreviation for "Kommanditgesellschaft"
                        aka "Personengesellschaft" =privately held company, as opposed to A.G. ("Aktiengesellschaft")
                        (larger stock holding company)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 10-06-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

OK I found something on the maker via Google Deutschland...

Wilhelm Bleyle, einer der bekanntesten Kleiderfabrikanten des Deutschen Reiches, stirbt am 16. Februar im Alter von 64 Jahren in Stuttgart. Der am 7. April 1850 in Feldkirch im österreichischen Vorarlberg geborene Unternehmer gründete 1889 in Stuttgart eine Strickwarenfabrik. Bleyles Unternehmen war das erste, in dem qualitativ hochwertige Strickwaren in großindustrieller Fertigung hergestellt wurden. Bekannt ist vor allem die von Bleyle hergestellte Strickbekleidung nach Schneiderart für die Jugend. Besonders die Matrosenanzüge werden zu einem Markenzeichen. Die meisten deutschen Jungen im Alter zwischen acht und zwölf Jahren werden Sonntags von ihren Eltern mit einem Anzug von Bleyle als Matrosen herausgeputzt. Während des Krieges färbt die Popularität und das hohe Ansehen, das die Marine genießt, auch auf die Kindermode ab und trägt dazu bei, dass die Matrosenanzüge noch beliebter werden. Auch die kaiserlichen Enkel werden bei öffentlichen Auftritten mit Bleyle-Anzügen ausstaffiert.

This maker was active pre WW1, made uniforms during WW1 and also known for making uniform copies for children to wear like sailor suits,
                          (actually became really famous for that) and made uniforms for the Imperial Navy, which made their children's sailor suits even more popular it reads! At that time about 1500 employees so a good size garment factory! Advertising poster translation: "His first Bleyle"
                          Of course they continued making high quality garments in WW2 like this M36! I will try to get this one and restore it!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 10-06-2013, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Hi Nick, you are the expert with these sort of things, I am always learning. I think you are right about the cutting direction. . Is there a slit for a hanger under the pocket flap? Usually when they change the collar they often will add the slit too for an officer upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                              Hi Nick, you are the expert with these sort of things, I am always learning. I think you are right about the cutting direction. . Is there a slit for a hanger under the pocket flap? Usually when they change the collar they often will add the slit too for an officer upgrade.
                              Thanks for the thumbs up on my forensics Johnny
                              Yeah it is a shame that the liner was damaged like this in an effort to remove a property stamp!
                              Perhaps the item got back-doored out of a museum ? Who knows?

The eagle and shoulderboards are easy fixes. Other than that its really in minty condition! Even though its a combat cut tunic,
                              it's still a closet survivor with no signs of extensive field wear.
                              I am also very curious about a possible dagger slit modification ! Good question Johnny.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X