Gebirgsjäger Windjacke - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirgsjäger Windjacke - Question

At the weekend, visited the military fair in Reichertshofen, one thing I bought was this Gebirgsjäger Windjacke - cost €250. Condition's not bad - small hole in the front, minus shoulder broads, makers mark - Krelsel M39 - (München 1939). Comparing it to others shown on the forum, don't have any course for concern. One thing I did notice, the large majority of the windjackes shown didn't have shoulder broads, it seems the mannschafts ones are very hard to come by and were special to the windjacke.
    My question - could I fit normal Gebirgsjäger officers shoulder broads ? or did officers also have special broads for their windjackes ? or did they have a different windjacke. Any help welcome.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Grüß Di' Soldon,

Great looking Windjacke! As to your question, most officer boards are way too short to put on the jacket. One of the Windjacken that I have in my collection is to an officer, but the boards have been sewn into the shoulder seam and the Windjacke has been bleached white.

The extra long EM shoulder boards are hard to find and usually very expensive when you do find them.

Berg Heil und Horrido!

Patrick

Comment

Thanks for the post Patrick,
          Nice white Windjacke you have there. I was always afraid, I was going to read, what you wrote. The EM boards are rare and expensive, I'd hoped to find some for around €80 -100, probably will have to dig a bit deeper into my pocket.
          Looking at your pictures, you can see the officers broads are much shorter, the holding buttons on mine are tucked under the collar, whereas yours are clearly visible a good distance away from the collar edge (although looking again at yours) the collar is narrower and the lapel wider, different styling cut to mine, perhaps officer's cut. Again thanks for the help.

Comment

At any rate, a nice early windjacket with original buttons for a good price.

Comment

Officers would add their standard (shorter) officer slip-in boards and move the button over a little...
              or actually replace the factory shoulder buttons for a smaller silver officers 17mm or smaller officer's epaulet buttons in a spot
              that accommodates the shorter shoulderboards better.
              Slip-Ons would be more practical (as opposed to sew-ins) if the jacket needed washing!

Here an example in SS use (officer in Handschar)
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                At any rate, a nice early windjacket with original buttons for a good price.
                i agree,nice windjacke at decent price,good find they cost abaut 500 in EU ,abaut the boards, EM pair will be great,but the price for decent pair is 150-200 euro,at last the ones i have seen for sale last time,and not that easy to find!

Comment

Here's another period image, a Major in GJ! Note officers boards!

Yeah 500euros + going rate... You did really good at 250E!!!
                  Congrats!

This Italian dealer has a bunch of them (7 !!) for sale! Most for 540E (I guess these are easier to find in Italy!..makes sense!)

http://www.rbnr.net/en/shop/german-a...form/?mc=1&c=5

He also offers a copy for the price you paid for a real one!

http://www.rbnr.net/en/menswear/

Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 09-30-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Nick, Alfred, Oss,
                    Thanks for the posts and links, makes interesting reading. Looking at the prices being asked on the dealer's site, drew my breath away. I've always thought, generally the prices asked by members on the forum's estand were way "over the top" but nothing compared to the prices being asked by the dealer.
                    Again thanks for the help

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X