CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heer grey shirt - what do you think? Please let me know. THANKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer grey shirt - what do you think? Please let me know. THANKS!!

Hi Guys,

this came with the post this morning. It is a worn Heer shirt with some repairs. Overall in nice condition. As I have not handled this type of shirt before, I would very much like to have some second opinions on it. I myself like it a lot. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Cheers, W
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Looks good but buttons are definately replaced ( should be pressed paper buttons ).

Comment

Comment

Thanks guys!

Is amarlodz right about the buttons? Please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
              Thanks guys!

Is amarlodz right about the buttons? Please let me know. Thanks!
              Generally speaking he is; although metal buttons are witnessed as well.
              Of course exceptions are possible but the buttons on your shirt do not strike me as factory issue. Please bear in mind these shirts have often been extensively worn post war as well....

(As said before K, it is preferable to do your homework before buying, that is always better than afterwards ).

F.

Comment

Textbook M42 pattern Trikot Hemd, buttons were replaced but still very nice. Price was good too, I've noted this one on the Emig web site

Comment

Originally posted by Grubhy View Post
                  Textbook M42 pattern Trikot Hemd, buttons were replaced but still very nice. Price was good too, I've noted this one on the Emig web site
                  Well spotted Grubny! Due to the good price, on which I had done my homework, I was not too concerned with the buttons.

Comment

Thanks My Friend Here is mine found in Czech attic in as found condition, factory applied cardboard buttons and steel dish buttons added as repair. As You probably noted chest pockets are shorter. I believe that is earlier pattern, pictures taken in Gablonz area in 1944 and from Krakau in 1943 shows fresh recruits with pattern like yours.

What is yours RBN number? These two are very close, maybe the same maker?

m42 shirt on manny1.jpg

Reference picture with good shot of collar and shoulders construction:

Kopia shirt note details on shoulders.jpg
                    Last edited by Grubhy; 09-23-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X