No announcement yet.

trop pz colar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour image showing black Pz. tab in use compared with a black and white image of a faded, soiled, worn, dusty black Pz. tab,

Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

Colour image showing "olive twill" or "field grey" Pz. tab in use,
      Attached Files

Comment

Another colour image showing "olive twill" or "field grey" Pz. tab in use,

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if it's already been posted, but GB (pauke) has an example pictured in "SCOUTS OUT" : OD cotton twill, golden yellow wool piping, no evidence of a skull, and marked "German 10 panzer 4-4-43"
          This is an incredible piece, and should stand as a sterling example of
          what was worn in that theater AND contrary to what "Textbook collectors"
          believe!

Comment

trop wrap tabs

yes. i had forgotten that piece.
            (still not a believer of the nachschub pair pictured in the other thread)

Comment

Here's what grey wool on twill looks like in a greyscale image. The piping is red on the tabs.
              Mark
              NZ
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by longislandercjv View Post
                I don't know if it's already been posted, but GB (pauke) has an example pictured in "SCOUTS OUT" : OD cotton twill, golden yellow wool piping, no evidence of a skull, and marked "German 10 panzer 4-4-43"
                This is an incredible piece, and should stand as a sterling example of
                what was worn in that theater AND contrary to what "Textbook collectors"
                believe!
                Yes that is well established as there is a thread about the tropical tab & also another thread about the film & units discussed in this thread. Tropical tabs do exist at least that one surviving example. The 10th Pz Div arrived in Tunisia wearing fairly dark green/olive unissued 1st pattern tunics and attached the well worn black tabs & tk's from their wraps that they had worn to the gates of Moscow. The film of the recon unit demonstrate this well when compared to Mark's fine example

Comment

This tab I'm sure will be of interest, piped pink and identical in construction and materials to the Weitze pair. In hand all materials appear to be period. Later war southern front use I think is a real possibility.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Patrick

Nice discovery, yes identical. The piping is similar also in that it was new when it was used to make these tabs except pink thread was used instead of yellow like the threadstarter....so not field made from shoulderstraps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X