Camouflage Panzer Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camouflage Panzer Wrap

Please can I have opinions on this wrap?? It is one of the camouflage Panzer Wraps. Thanks, Mark.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice one for renacting.
              derka

Comment

IF this is from Military Collectibles Inc - they have a lot of this 'sort' of item.

Comment

Camo Wrap

Actually it is supposed to be from a well known European museum. In hand it looks pretty good.

Comment

Gotcha. I thought I recognized the style of photo and background.

Comment

Originally posted by cpmil View Post
                      Actually it is supposed to be from a well known European museum. In hand it looks pretty good.
                      Is it salty and well worn ?
                      Or was it kept safe since almost 70 years ?
                      I just don't believe in it, it has none of caracteristics of the few "been there" period original unregular camouflaged items i have been able to scrutinize.
                      But if you had it in hands, i will certainly not start a controversy about it trying to convince you.
                      derka

Btw, "well known european museum" is certainly not a guarantee of authenticity for me.

Comment

Camo Wrap

Hi Derka. I understand fully that without a hands on for you pics are tough. I only mentioned the museum aspect just to say that it was not from the source mentioned. Again I understand really that means nothing.

As for the piece itself it feels like a canvas camo material. I also just found these markings. Does this help either way at all?? Thanks, Mark.
                        Attached Files

Comment

And these.
                          Attached Files

Comment

looks like the same modern material that miltec/sturm and other companies use to make repro stuff this one appears to be based on italian camo (but highly washed and artifically worn down)

Comment

Maybe our italian friends could help about those markings.
                              My guess is that it could be maker's identification of this" tela mimetica" material, wich looks close of italian zeltbahn camouflaged material for instance, althought i can't say for sure if it is period material or post 1945 production.
                              Many mint rolls of italian camouflaged material were seized by german in 1943 and used to manufacture unregular uniforms, as you certainly know.
                              But i don't see any typical signs of wear on this wrap, considering avaible pics.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X