Cavarly Boards With Cypher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavarly Boards With Cypher

Can I please have info on these boards. They are Cavalry golden yellow with I think an "S". What exactly is this for?? Thanks, Mark.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Schule (school), in this case Kavallerie (cavalry).

Comment

Cav bds

So would it be someone who attended the school or was an instructor??

What would they be taught??

Thanks, Mark.

Comment

School board for someone assigned as Cadre to the school. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by cpmil View Post

What would they be taught??

Thanks, Mark.
            A recruit would be trained as a Cavalryman, which would involve the centuries old skills and tactics of warfare on horseback updated for the modern battlefield.

Comment

Sorry to contradict you, but -
              The cavalry school trained officer candidates in basic leadership skills and branch tactics and operations. Equitation was part of this regimen, but it also included acquiring proficiency in the employment of motorized and bicycle-borne cavalrymen. In addition the school trained company- and field-grade officers in courses tailored to their leadership level, i.e., troop, squadron or regiment. The school also had a small detachment that tested new equipment. Finally, the Aufklaerungs-Lehr-Abteilung (originally the Kavallerie-Lehr- und Versuchs-Abteilung) was nominally subordinate to the school to be employed in school field exercises. At the time that the featured shoulder straps were produced (1944), the school (Kavallerie- und Aufklaerungs-Schule) was located in Bromberg, West Prussia (it had been moved there from Potsdam-Krampnitz in mid-1943).

Originally posted by OSS View Post
              A recruit would be trained as a Cavalryman, which would involve the centuries old skills and tactics of warfare on horseback updated for the modern battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR1 View Post
                Sorry to contradict you, but -
                The cavalry school trained officer candidates in basic leadership skills and branch tactics and operations.
                Thank you for your thorough description of the Kavallerie Schule. I am aware that this is your area of concentration (didn't you write a book on the German Cavalry?) and appreciate your studied correction of my "Cliff Notes" response to the question. I am not certain your definition is a complete "contradiction" but certainly a more comprehensive primer. At least we agree on the "skills and tactics".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X