Hi,

i need your help.
    What DAK arm we see on this pics?

Regards & Thank you
    Matthias
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Matthias, are you asking what branch of service the soutach or piping to boards depicts ? if you are then going by the B/W pics Its really to hard to make an exact call but you can probably rule out the darker waffenfarb branchs such as Artillery, Pioneer and possibly lean towards Pz-gren /signals or Pz/transport etc

Greg

Comment

Agree with Greg. Mid range in color from the photos, transport or schutzen most likely, possibly PzJg or Pz. But know way to know for sure...

Comment

I think that what appears to be the soutache is actually the unfaded original cap color from where it (the soutache) was removed in mid 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
            I think that what appears to be the soutache is actually the unfaded original cap color from where it (the soutache) was removed in mid 1942.
            Agree - and well spotted
            Mark
            NZ

Comment

Love that look with the faded cap and boards on the brand new tunic, shows you who the seasoned vets are. Matt

Comment

color

Or who has been spending time bleaching out uniform parts. The cap looks quite unworn .

Comment

Hi,

many thanks for all your feedback. Yes, i mean the branch of service. Sorry!
                  Here is a complete pic from the soldier and a second one with pith helmet...
                  Date on the reverse is 3.7.1943!

Regards
                  Matthias
                  Attached Files

Comment

Having seen the other photo I suspect the Waffenfarbe may be white or lemon yellow as it looks rather pale but it would be nearly impossible to be certain from a B/W photo. Nice images by the way!

Comment

Agree with OSS, helps to see the added photo. Solder has light color piping, Inf or Signals, but really can never be sure. Great spot on the soutache being removed too First post i was up a little too late last nite.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, here is another Afrikakampfer, an officer candidate, with removed soutache:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I also learned something new again.

Why were the soutache removed?

Regards
                          Matthias

Comment

In July '42 the German military authorities ordered that Waffenfarbe would no longer be indicated on field caps for practical reasons. Consequently existing soutaches were to be removed (this instruction was not strictly followed).

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                              In July '42 the German military authorities ordered that Waffenfarbe would no longer be indicated on field caps for practical reasons. Consequently existing soutaches were to be removed (this instruction was not strictly followed).
                              THXs for the infos!

Regards
                              Matthias

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X