No announcement yet.

Post your favorite Heer shoulder strap/board and/or collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same with me, the other one was a feldbluse strap that was on ebay years ago. Strange to have a feldbluse strap made in 43, or maybe it was just embroidered on that strap on a later date. Don't remember if the stitching went all the way through. I think there is a picture of it somewhere on waf.

Originally posted by Stive View Post
    Very rare shoulder strap! I see such shoulder strap only the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Suter View Post
      Recently obtained from a friend and fellow collector. Mortar Bn (Granatwerfer Bataillone) created 15 March 1943. I also have an enlisted embroidered example.
      Great find! It's also for me only the second GW metal device I ever saw!
      Would be great to find one for my collection...

Best regards,
      Andreas

Comment

I'm the one who bought the strap you're talking about. The embroidery on the strap doesn't go all of the way through. If you have my book I have a picture of it and a period photo of a similar strap in wear. My guess is that the strap was produced by a company tailor and a feldbluse strap was easier for him to produce.
        AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

I'm the one who bought the strap you're talking about. The embroidery on the strap doesn't go all of the way through. If you have my book I have a picture of it and a period photo of a similar strap in wear. My guess is that the strap was produced by a company tailor and a feldbluse strap was easier for him to produce.
          I know 5 or 6 embroidered "GW 5" straps in German collections. They are all made of felt with the same tongue material aso. That's not a sign for a Company tailor especially because he would have problems to do the chainstitching with his official supplied Singer sewing-machine.
          Locally manufactured for sure, but definitely in a bigger order (Company size? )from a tailor. That makes me believe they could be straps from the permanent staff of "schwere Granatwerfer Ersatz und Ausbildungs- Bataillon 5" instead of "Granatwerfer Bataillon 5", but that's only my thoughts without any evidence - till now

Best regards,
          Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by vizenz View Post
            I know 5 or 6 embroidered "GW 5" straps in German collections. They are all made of felt with the same tongue material aso. That's not a sign for a Company tailor especially because he would have problems to do the chainstitching with his official supplied Singer sewing-machine.
            Locally manufactured for sure, but definitely in a bigger order (Company size? )from a tailor. That makes me believe they could be straps from the permanent staff of "schwere Granatwerfer Ersatz und Ausbildungs- Bataillon 5" instead of "Granatwerfer Bataillon 5", but that's only my thoughts without any evidence - till now

Best regards,
            Andreas
            That's as good a theory as any. My thoughts were a company tailor because of the deformed 'G' in the embroidery and the easier to produce feldbluse style.
            AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

Comment

That's as good a theory as any. My thoughts were a company tailor because of the deformed 'G' in the embroidery and the easier to produce feldbluse style.
              A Company tailor was a craftsman/skilled tailor, so he should be able to sew a piping to a strap. Imo These straps are pointed because of a personel preference. But as told before, it's very unusual to have the possibility for doing machine-embroidered chainstitching or doing machine-embroidered buttonholes for a company tailor.
              ..but as you sayed, that's all theory.

Best regards,
              Andreas

Comment

Here is the strap vizenz and I have been discussing....along with a photo of it in wear (courtesy of Carsten Fries).
                Attached Files
                AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

Comment

I am curious how a unit created in 1943 would have a Feldbluse type strap.

Comment

We all are!

Comment

Auflagen

Here is an example of what you sometimes encounter with cyphers and numbers for WWII era shoulder straps and board. These boards are for a Hauptmann der Reserve
                      of Armee Nachrichten Regiment 549 (6. Armee). The pips and numbers 5 & 4 have held up well over time. The two #9s are defective and the "Zink Pest " has done them in. I have gotten a couple of replacement numbers to restore the boards.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some very nice boards being shown! Heres my Feldherrnhalle pioneer strap thats one of my favorites.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nothing special here, but the units make them special to me, especially the 156th rgt.

Comment

Windhund

Originally posted by mapjew View Post
                            Nothing special here, but the units make them special to me, especially the 156th rgt.

Nice straps. Panzergrenadier piped straps, from the 116. Panzer, are hard to find!

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
                              Nice straps. Panzergrenadier piped straps, from the 116. Panzer, are hard to find!
                              Thanks! I know, trust me.. A part of my collection is focused on the division due to that shoulder board.

The 355th infantry regiment was involved in Operation Freshman, which was a failed attempt by British SOE commandos attempting to sabotage a heavy water production plant in Norway.

Comment

Here is a IR 156 slide (mot.).
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X