Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

killer straps, Matt

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
    Sweet god gentlemen its been a hell of a day! I was beyond fortunate that a fellow WAF member decided to allow me to add these uber rare boards to my collection! I can't hardly put into words how rare these boards are... you will find way more hen's teeth than you will these boards. I have hunted for a single let alone a set for a very long long time and I am beyond excited to be able to add these. I wanted to post them here for everyone to see and enjoy. They were published in a recent book on Pz Recon stuff by Bob Edwards, but I don't think that really adds anything to the value. These are just extremely rare and I am beyond excited to be able to add these. Matt

Comment

Some great pieces posted here recently!
      Here're a few of mine, all from units assigned to the 1. Kavallerie-Division/24. Panzer-Division. The related ID disks are either examples issued to operational units in August/September 1939 or stem from replacement-training squadrons or battalions directly associated with divisional units. The semi-official divisional cap emblem is a period (post-1943) example.
      From left to right and down, the straps and boards are from:

- Reiter-Regiment 2 (later I. and II./Pz. Regt. 24) (Waffenrock)

- Reiter-Regiment 1 (later Schuetzen-/Pz. Gren. Regt. 21) (field blouse)

- Radfahr-Abteilung 1 (later Kradschuetzen-Abt. 4, then Pz. Aufklaerungs-Abt. 24) (field blouse)

- Panzer-Aufklaerungs-Abteilung 24 (black armored force jacket)

- either Reiter-Regiment 21 (later III./Pz. Regt. 24) or Schuetzen-/Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 21 (field blouse)

- Reitendes Artillerie-Regiment 1 (later Pz. Art. Regt. 89) (field blouse)

Happy to field any questions and sorry about the mediocre photos (camera on its last legs...).
      Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding selection Carsten.

Comment

Leaping Rider

Fantastic display! Is the Leaping Rider a hat device?

Comment

Reserve Recruiter, Wehrkreis 6, Westphalia, Rhineland, and the Eupen-Malmedy distric

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
              Fantastic display! Is the Leaping Rider a hat device?
              I believe so.... The Bavarian army museum in Ingolstadt has a similar one still attached to an officer's Schiffchen. That said, there's a chance it might be a veterans' organization pin from the early 1950s. Either way, it fits in well with the other items.

Comment

Comment

Carsten,

what a selection of Kav boards man! Beautiful and rare straps! Matt

Comment

A wool pipped Pz Recon board I just picked up.. It appears to be a nice slip on to me but I have never been a huge fan of the wool pipping. Just a personal choice really. I did score some great tropical singles as well (FLAK NCO, 2 EM Pz, 1 trop Pz Recon NCO as well) Matt
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by DimonAndr; 05-07-2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

My latest pair: infantry NCO 'GD'..

Dear all,

Hereby my latest acquired pair of shoulderboards that belonged to an infantry NCO (and 'Offiziersanwärter' or officers'-candidate) in a GD-regiment ie. Division.
                        The set is not completely matching but still very nice....this pair goes in the collection!

Best regards,

Coco
                        Attached Files
                        Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Comment

A new pair of GD-boards....

Dear all,

Hereby my latest acquired pair of pink-piped shoulderboards that belonged to a: 'Panzerabwehr Soldat' in a GD-regiment ie. Division.

The set is completely matching and nicely preserved....also this pair goes in the collection!

Best regards,

Coco
                          <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
                          Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Windejacke Schulterklappe

Here is another piece that I think must have come out a Wehrkreis XVIII hoard. This strap is for Gebirrs-Pionier Bataillon 82 of the 2. Gebrirgs-Divsion.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Windejacke Schulterklappen

Sanitaetsdienste 42 was attached to the 2. Gebirgs-Division at one time.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X