X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depot Markings and Area of Issue

Howdy all,

Bear with me for a moment as I type out my thoughts on this:

So all Feldblusen have depot stamps, for example: M is for Munich and it was made in the clothing factory there. (Right?) So lets say it was 1939 during mobilization... if it was made in Munich, then would this tunic be issued to men in training at a Kaserne in Munich nearby?

It makes no sense to me that they would be sent off to the other side of the country at some other Kaserne. So, if this is the case, then you would expect units to be wearing almost all Munich made tunics, correct?

I guess this isn't such a big landmark thought, but it still intrigued me. Anyone have documents to back this up? Thanks for following along.

Sam

Hi
    Tunics were made by private makers who were under contarcts signed by them and the Army.Makers made them in all sizes generally and also supplied them with paper tags attached with the size figures.Private makers were all over Germany plus other conquered territories as Belgium,France,Holland etc
    Some of them but not all used to put their Firma stamp to the garments.Then the garments were sent to the Army Depots for inspection,final approval and
    provision to the Army units.Those Depots are often called as acceptance Depots,there after the inspection the paper tags were removed and official size stamps were put on them along with the depot town based stamp,WITH the year.So we have examples like H41 M39 E37 and so on
    M is for Munich E stands for Erfurt and so on.Unfortunately I do not have any Acceptance Depot archive
    There is also some kind of correlation between Army Depot and Werkreiss Kasernen,however you will find some tunics accepted in Franfurt and issued to units non based there especially after 1941
    Notis
    Last edited by siton12; 08-10-2013, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
    X