Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
    Mike,

Have you ever seen this method of application on a later M42 or 43 jacket,wool or HBT? (other than the M42 HBT posted by Robert)

Glenn
    Here is same type application on wool M42. As I wrote above, have also seen this on '44 dated pieces and plenty of drillich blouses.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I kind of figured that you would have one or two..

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Well,

I thought I'd show off this jacket now that I put boards with slides on them. The 647th was a heavy artillery unit, not flak. I looked it up in the WAF archives.

I have also dressed it with a ribbon bar and a GAB. My loops to hang these are quite simple, just some string loops that I will remove if I someday sell the jacket. Take a look...

Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

That looks very nice now. The unit was a 15cm Battalion that was disbanded in November 1940. The guns and men were used to form AR 33 which was later Panzer Artillery Rgt 33 and part of DAK etc.

Comment

I somehow missed this thread but agree with those who like the eagle and tab application. These HBT jackets are underappreciated imo and are rare in the m-42 conguration and rarer still with pleated pockets. Nice jacket

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
            X