Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regiment no. 26..

Hello All,

I have some considerartions regarding regimental numbers and I need to get some input if possible.

I have this nice tunic from a leutnant regiment 26, it was discussed here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=639920

The boards with the "26" have intrigued me some; I have found a reserve leutnant with the same number, nice board, but unfortunately "lonely".

Recently I bought the pink boards with the number 26 from Klaus-Peter Emig - he sold these as a LW engineer..I can acknowledge the idea about the waffenfarbe, but I do not remember top have seen LW boards with numbers like this..?..

I was wondering if these pink boards could be from inf. reg. 26, panzerjäger unit..?..or this may be 14th company..?..

I do not know and I would like very much to have some input so I can learn more..

Thanks for looking..!..

Hans Kristian
    Attached Files

The other boards..

It is clear that the numbers are different..but is that important..?.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Being a non-subdued top board I would say Luftwaffe most likely. IMO

Fred

Comment

IMO if the numbers are period applied to the pink boards both boards are Heer and for dress tunics. The single is earlier with the larger pre-war style numbers for Nachrichten-Abteilung 26 and the other one has post circa 1939 type numbers for Panzer Rgt. 26.

Comment

Hello and thanks for the answers,

Johnny, do you mean panzer-regiment 26..?..or maybe panzerjäger regiment 26..?..

Both boards are very shining...there is no differnce..

Hans Kristian

Comment

If there were panzerabwehr they should have a "P", the device was not always worn but most often was. The number 26 on pink piped LW boards for engineering or HG Panzer does not really make a lot of sense.

Comment

I agree completely on the LW units...I cannot recall anything that would be numered like this.
              And yes, maybe it is the Panzer-regiment 26. Different unit for sure.

Thanks for the input.
              These shoulderboards and numbers, letters etc are some difficult area..easy to get lost and confused..

Hans Kristian

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              If there were panzerabwehr they should have a "P", the device was not always worn but most often was. The number 26 on pink piped LW boards for engineering or HG Panzer does not really make a lot of sense.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
              X