Heer Summer tunic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Summer tunic?

Looking at this tunic....is from a set from the same soldier along with the regular combat tunic and overcoat.

Tunic

No markings or tailors tag

Comment

It is a lightweight field or tailor privately made tunic for hot weather areas. At that rank he probably was staff or a driver etc. if he wore one of these.

Comment

beautiful tunic. As Johhny pointed out light weight/hot weather/summer tunic and very nicely made. The breast eagle is also a hard to find style. Congrats man. Matt

Comment

Tunic

Thanks guys for the input

Comment

Very nice. The officer style French cuffs on a lowly ranker's tunic is interesting.
            Reminded me of very first German tunic in the 1980's which was a beaulitul enlisted M36 tunic bone stock,
            with M36 insignia, BUT also with officer style French cuffs...an interesting touch!

Comment

That is why I would suspect he was a staff/rear soldier or a driver etc. A normal soldier in a line unit at that rank would not typically ever have been able to wear this. This is the lowest ranking one I have ever seen. They are usually obergefreiter or above.

Comment

tunic

Nice example of tailor made tunic I like the early pointed shoulder boards, I have a similar one in pre war moleskin set up similar. timothy

Comment

Tunic

Im Sorry for any confusion.....This is an Obergefriter's tunic. The rank was removed on this one. The soldiers regular M36 and overcoat still had the rank on them. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X