Opinion about this items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion about this items

I can buy a set of german items it looks ok to me but i need you opinion on this
    The pant are private issud the words of te seller.

pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The zippers on the trousers are from the brand zipp

Comment

Nice 6 button signals M42 tunic with modified M36 collar and M36 insignia.
      Belt/buckle also OK, helmet sharp edge M42 but still double decal??? (fake decals scraped off?)
      Pants (breeches, reenforced) are for mounted troops if enlisted or otherwise officers style.
      Any markings? most likely non issue (non standard) private purchase (with zips)

Comment

So the only problem are the decals ?
        The helmet looks good to me.

Comment

german items

All of the items from outside appearance look good to me the helmet is original but as already stated shouldn't have a tri shield on it as a general rule. Probably the only thing would be decal on helmet. Everything else looks the part. However the guys that study tunics would want to see inside, and under collar or more detailed pictures of the uniform items belt looks OK would need back picture of buckle that would tell maker, roller pins etc. or wheather it is cast which would be indicator of repo it looks OK from the front. timothy

Comment

Inside of the helmet.

Comment

The buckle

Comment

Tunic looks wierd to me (notice the huge overhang on the sides of the pocket flaps on the lower pockets), possibly an M36 with the pockets replaced?

Comment

Inside the trouser.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    Nice 6 button signals M42 tunic with modified M36 collar and M36 insignia.
                    Belt/buckle also OK, helmet sharp edge M42 but still double decal??? (fake decals scraped off?)
                    Pants (breeches, reenforced) are for mounted troops if enlisted or otherwise officers style.
                    Any markings? most likely non issue (non standard) private purchase (with zips)
                    Well said.

Comment

The zippers of the pants

Comment

Pants, tunic, belt, buckle and helmet are all originals.

Only two issues:
                        - As said before, decals should not be on that helmet.
                        - The eagle on the tunic looks replaced. The other insignia are original to the tunic IMHO.

Comment

=> Ofcourse the eagle could be replaced during the war as this tunic was reworked to look like an M36 style tunic. So no problem with that. Sharper pics would be needed to be sure its war-time replaced.

Comment

The eagle

Comment

The tunic has been modified from M-42 with the addition of a dark green collar. It appears the tunic was shortened, a common practice, and the lower pockets were raised. The tunic looks nice, to me and appears to have originally applied insignia.

I can't speak for the helmet, but the tri-color decal is not normally found on M-42 helmets.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X