Newly arrived Panzer shoulderboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly arrived Panzer shoulderboards

I just received my first pair of Panzer shoulderboards. Unfortunately the P has been removed somehwere in time but the imprint and shadow of the P is still visible. The boards show clear signs of wear and myself I have no doubt on originality. Just a pity the P's are gone but apart from that I like these boards.

Too bad I couldn't get the pink color clear enough on the pics (looks a bit too bright on these pics) yet still I hope these pics are ok enough for comments.

Thank you for watching!
    Best regards,
    Marcel

I love these kind of worn in boards that smells of battle, 100 times better then a pair of mint/unused ones anyday

Great set and i hope you find a matching pair of worn P cyphers to restore them with!

Comment

The color looks fine, it ranges from "hot pink" or "electric pink" like this to flat Pink. Look on German Ebay for the "p" devices, they turn up. Winkler also has a lot of devices "Auflagen".

Comment

Thanks guys! I myself also prefer worn shoulderboards above any mint never worn boards. I only wish these could talk and tell their story hehe

About the missing P's...were these also removed during the war years? For example to add another pip or do these P's have to be on a Panzerboard no matter what?

Comment

Panzerjaeger

The "P" cypher would denote Panzerjaeger. Panzer related boards and straps would possibly have a unit number, or cypher relating to school units, These could be "L" for Lehr, "MS" for Motor Schule, "US P" for Unteroffizier Schule Putlos, and "US S" Unteroffizier Schule Sternberg", also "I" for Instandsetzung comes to mind. Many times the strap or board was devoid of cyphers and numbers. Some Schuetzen units of the Panzer Divsions also wore pink.

As the Panzerjaeger units became more self-propelled you had to my mind a blurring of insignia. Here is a Instandsetzung Leutnant from Panzerjaeger Abt. 165 of the 65 Infanterie Division. Notice the mixture of insignia.

As to the removal of the cyphers on your boards, it would be hard to determine if it was done during or after the war. It looks like there was a number cypher under the "P" at one time.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Schulterklappen; 05-28-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clearing this up. I always thought the P were for Panzers but it's Panzerjäger instead. Learned something new today

The attached pic is rather small so hard to see the different insignia.
            So if I understand correct, due to the many different ways of using insignia towards the end of the war, it could be possible that the P's were removed?
            I am asking because I am thinking of adding these P's back again or leave these boards as they are.

Comment

Panzerjaeger

Only my opinion; but, I would leave your boards the way they are. You can find Panzerjaeger boards and straps to add to your collection without changing the ones you have.

Here is another picture of the Leutnant as a POW. He started out the war as in an Artillerie unit of the 7. Infanterie Division.

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
              Thank you for clearing this up. I always thought the P were for Panzers but it's Panzerjäger instead. Learned something new today

The attached pic is rather small so hard to see the different insignia.
              So if I understand correct, due to the many different ways of using insignia towards the end of the war, it could be possible that the P's were removed?
              I am asking because I am thinking of adding these P's back again or leave these boards as they are.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the additional pics!

At the moment I also tend to leave my boards as they are. When adding the P's the boards are perhaps complete but on the other hand I will always know they don't belong to another which I kinda dislike. Personally I think these have character just as they are.

Comment

Panzerjaeger

Congratulations, the boards are a nice addition to your collection!

This thread has some excellent examples of Heer insignia:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=69690

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
                  Thank you for the additional pics!

At the moment I also tend to leave my boards as they are. When adding the P's the boards are perhaps complete but on the other hand I will always know they don't belong to another which I kinda dislike. Personally I think these have character just as they are.
                  Last edited by Schulterklappen; 05-28-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Id just let them be, they are very nice been there done that boards. P examples are relatively common and I can direct you to several if you need. Matt

Comment

In the last picture the device looks like an "I", or is it a number, it is hard to see?

Comment

Instandsetzung

It is Instandsetzung. I was lucky enough to get his insignia.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice, I have a service tunic for a guy who was XO of the Panzer Armee 3 kraftfahrpark. Very hard to find insignia.

Comment

Thanks everybody for their comments and opinions! I decided to leave my boards like they are

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X