Female RAD FLAK Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Female RAD FLAK Uniforms

I just picked up this uniform and am pretty excited about adding it to my collection. I originally posted it on the Political/Civil forum where it quickly died. While searching for info I saw that Gran Sasso had one and posted it on this forum.

http://184.172.36.50/forums/showthread.php?t=438801

Mine is very similar to Gran Sasso's . Minor differences with the jacket. Since the pants came from Gran Sasso they might be the same one he showed.

There doesn't appear to be much information out thereon this particular style of uniform. According to Gordon Williamson in his book World War II German Women's Auxiliary Service states "This basic uniform was the same as that issued to military auxiliaries, however the RAD version was not announced until February1945, so what (if any) level of issue was achieved is unknown. He also states that the only insignia worn was the standard RAD sleeve patch.

I'll post the pictures of mine along with a wartime photo from Gran Sasso. I also have another female RAD tunic with LW eagle that I'll post pics of.
    Regards Jim
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Pants
      Attached Files

Comment

pants 2
        Attached Files

Comment

Heres the wartime picture that Gran Sasso posted. Its fairly certain she was attached to the LW because of the LW hat. She is also wearing the RAD rank brooch.Not sure what other insignia might have been worn.
          Attached Files

Comment

Heres another jacket I have from what I believe is RAD FLAK. Couple of things:

All the buttons have been replaced.

There was a LW eagle originally sewn on the jacket, however it was not the one shown. Because every one told me it isn't possible I tried to remove the eagle shown. Well the original eagle was cut off along with the tunic cloth it was sewn to. So theres a big LW shaped hole underneath the eagle shown.

Jim
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting look at a little known auxiliary unit's uniforms, thanks.

Comment

RAD Female tunic

It looks the cut of female tunic definetly original for some sort of auxilary probably female. I have seen one similar in more of Luft Blue wool. Plenty of period pictures of them. I agree not a lot of reference on Auxilary except Ospery series and some of the Angolia books. Definetly original tunic . Color would indicate RAD. timothy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X