Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piped PZ Wrap

Hello members.

I'm actively in the market for PZ wrap in the upcoming month.
    I would desire a piped example. With very limited knowledge of wraps my research so far has indicated that piped wraps out there are normally modified.

I'm prospectively interested in this example if currently available. The wrap itself I have no problem with and looks okay based on my research, but the collar piping I tried to compare but can not accurately evaluate and my primary objective here.

I know better close up's would greatly help but these are the only pic's available. Any chance on this example, or any over all comments/ guidance is deeply appreciated since wraps aren't exactly my subject matter of expertise.

Thanks for your time and expertise.

-Ray-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by -Ray-; 05-26-2013, 12:28 PM.

2 of 5

The collar piping may look a little coarse from the norm, but perhaps since this is an Italian stock production example this is what material was applied?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by -Ray-; 05-26-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

3 of 5
      Attached Files

Comment

4 of 5
        Attached Files

Comment

5 of 5
          Attached Files

Comment

It looks at least restored. The collar piping is non standard and I dont like it. "ROMEI" is a large but unknown maker somwhere near Hannover/ Hamburg. A very typical sign of that maker is the large round collar.
            Last edited by LuckyStrike23; 05-26-2013, 12:39 PM. Reason: .

Comment

here is a 1938 ROMEI wrap:
              Attached Files

Comment

and here a 1943 example:
                Attached Files

Comment

I agree that the piping is non-standard, but it always will added on a post 39 made wrap as well as many 39 made ones.

The question always is, when was it added? I have seen a decent number of post 39 dated wraps with what I am comfortable in believing was period added collar piping. In the minority of those examples was the piping applied just like factory piping or made from the same material as what most consider factory applied piping.

I think that this one has a good chance of being real, but it may required a hands on inspection to tell as you really have to look at the tell-tale wear areas of the piping and the thread used to sew in on...and the work can also be a clue.

I guess most collectors don't want to fool with any of this kind of evaluation as it is risky in a concensous driven authenication model....but it is the only way to make an evaluation on a non factory addition.

Comment

Thanks for all your attention here. I do like this style for sure but will continue to search and catalog a projected purchase. Any good leads would be appreciated if you don't mind me asking.

I thought "ROMEI" was an Italian manufacturer? Always glad to learn something here.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by -Ray- View Post
                      Thanks for all your attention here. I do like this style for sure but will continue to search and catalog a projected purchase. Any good leads would be appreciated if you don't mind me asking.

I thought "ROMEI" was an Italian manufacturer? Always glad to learn something here.

-Ray-
                      There are a lot of ROMEI items out there so I suppose it was a large maker. Items are always stamped with "H" (Hannover depot). ROMEI is for sure an abreviation but I dont know what it means.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X