Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika Tunic Opinions...

Hello,

Here is another tunic that was offered to me along with the Army one I posted. Unfortunately, I dont know a thing about tunic's and my photos suck as they were taken withe my phone...so any help would be great!

Regards,
    Chris G.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

After doing a little bit of research here on the forum I found out that this is NOT an Afrika tunic but a tropical 3rd pattern...no I just hope it gets favorable opinions.

Regards,
              Chris G.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Very nice original 3rd pattern tunic. If theres no evidence of previous breast eagle and litzen being applied then I think based on the pics provided the insignia's have a good shot of being period applied. The rank chevron maybe a little harder to determine by that pic.

Greg

Comment

Thank you very much for your opinion Greg! That's really good news I just hope more feel the same as the guys price kinda scared me because it was so good...he is asking 650 for it so I thought for sure its a fake.

Should I get a photo of the full interior or are these photos enough?

Regards,
                  Chris G.

Comment

Nice and looks to be the original factory sewing.

Glenn
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thanks guys...I ended up buying both tunics this one and the m43.

When I got them home I looked in the pockets of the tropical and found a pair of miss matched boards.

Does anyone have an example of what type of boards I should put on it? I really now want to display it with with a torso mannequin and maybe some gear on it!

Thanks for all the help!!!

Chris
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a good tropical tunic I wish they didn't repo so many I had one like it back in 1978 bought for a whole 75.00 dollars it was missing breast eagle you could see where it had been it had a corporal stripe in pocket I sewed it back on I wish I still had it at the price of it. Your buttons and marks inside look the part they should be Mine was a M-41. Some of the guys that study them should be able to tell you. Thanks timothy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X