Sniper badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper badge

Sniper badge...........well is it? or isn't it? sorry if this starts one of those "sniper" arguments again
    Attached Files

I think a healthy debate on these is just fine. IMO the fakes are getting much better and there continues to be much debate on the Feldgrau examples (as compared to the gray ones long known to be original). I do believe some of the Feldgrau ones are indeed originals. But I am seeing more and more current "finds" which I don't like.

IMO this one is not original and not consistent with those I do think are original.

The best reference for original badges IMO is "The Awards of the Heer - Volume 1" by Dietrich Maerz and Bernd Hardtmann. Rolf Michaelis' book "The German Sniper Badge 1944-1945" also has badges (both the Feldgrau and gray examples) in it which I believe are all original. Other German references ("Uniforms of the Infantry" by Jörg Horman, and "Das Scharfschützenabzeichen" by Thomas Voss) both have examples in gray from German vets which I think are textbook and consistent with the other references I cite.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I agree with Willi. I dont like the rough feldgrau texture badges. There are a few very good threads on these in the Heer awards section. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X