Name Tag Assistance Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name Tag Assistance Needed

A bit faded, but I think still workable. I've taken multiple angles in the event they might help.

Any thoughts?

J-
    Attached Files

Next two...
    Attached Files

Comment

Final two.
      Attached Files

Comment

Arrrgggghhhh!!!! MY eyes!

Jason, try to invert the colors in Paint or Photoshop - sometimes that helps bring it out a little better. Can we see the rest of the tunic?

Don

Comment

Don -

I only have Adobe reader, unfortunately. I have to take better photos in the daylight as far as the rest of the piece goes. The shots I took last night were not that great.

J-

Comment

Best I could get.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi

is the 2nd word on the first line "Stab."?

regards

macleod

Comment

Hi macleod,

Thanks for your opinion. I didn't think it said 'Stab.," but it is possible. Although I still think the first word on the top line is "Oberst." If that's the case than the second word doesn't look like "Stab" because the letter "b" is not done the same.

This one is tough due to the fading. I thought I would be able to decipher it but I'm struggling with this one.

Any other thoughts or opinions? I think even if we could get the last name only, I would help significantly given the date (which is clearly '35).

J-

Comment

Jason, I think "Oberst" as well, but thaat's based on being able to make out a few of the letters.

Don

Comment

Thanks, Don, for taking a look. I was hoping for more participation here but perhaps it's just too faded at this point.

J-

Comment

Jason - maybe try posting it in the photos and documents section. Lots of guys with good eyes there.

Comment

Maybe I missed it somewhere in this Thread, but what type of tunic are we looking at?? I'm asking because if say it's an Infantry, Artillery, etc. officer's tunic then "Stab" is out as it is only used in the Admin, Medical, or Veterinary branches.

To me it looks like Oberstleutnant K........ Give us some more images of the tunic and maybe I can help by looking in the 1939 rank list.

vr

Bob

Comment

Adam - thanks, I will try that as well.

Bob - I sincerely appreciate it. One of the reasons I didn't post more is because there is nothing to help with the ID. It's a Luftwaffe officer's cape; so no rank or award loops to help out. But, it is very early, dated "35, and the collar is piped for flight. I'm seeing the same thing you are: Oberst Ltnt. Kxxxxx. So that was his rank as of '35, and there's no reason to suspect that any changes have been made to the label or the piping.

So the big question is, are we correct in reading "Oberst Ltnt. Kxxxxx"?

Best regards,

J-

Comment

Jason, try to have Naxos have a peek at the tag - he has worked wonders in the past for me.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                              Jason, try to have Naxos have a peek at the tag - he has worked wonders in the past for me.

Don
                              Don - I have sent him an e-mail but have not heard back. I agree...he is quite practiced and skilled when it comes to these, and has always been very kind to help out.

J-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X