Heer Summer Jacket - Worth a Punt ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Summer Jacket - Worth a Punt ??

Interested in this Officer's Summer Jacket - to be exact a Captain's Panzer Grenadier jacket - small size about 48 with a Krim Shield on the left arm. I've only these pictures, looked for markings on the inside couldn't see any. I'm far from a uniforms expert. What do members think ? worth a punt ? any information welcome.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Re-applied insignia, clearly. Base jacket looks ok. Collar is different than I'm used to seeing. Mark.

Comment

The collar tabs are Polizei officer grade...incorrect but relatively rare!
                I guess could be off a WH parade rock as well... (2nd image credit armystuff)
                Other than that issue, a good light weight summer tunic and the green facing on the collar is made
                in an interesting material.
                It's probably been denazified and restored...Tab issue is an easy fix!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I like the base tunic, the collar is pretty cool looking. I don't think the collar tabs are originally sewn but they are original but meant for a waffenrock (jager) or Police. The breast eagle I think is bad and its not originally sewn and the boards look like Jager to me. Either way the base tunic is a nice summer one in my opinion. It can come to my collection any time for a nice restoration. Matt

Comment

Looks like a nice summer weight tunic, I like it, and the collar sure is interesting, never seen one like it. I love Krim items, so you can guess how I feel about it, haha. Don't know much about insignia, but the previous gents made a good case about it being restored. If you can get it for a good price, I say go for it. I don't think these summer weight tunics are as common as people think. Doesn't make them more valuable really, but they are a great addition to a collection.

Comment

Repro/Fake Breast eagle
                      Polizei tabs
                      Some kind of LW or GJ/Jäger summer style shoulder boards
                      Awardloops does not look promising eighter

Tunic by itselfe looks original!

Comment

Gentlemen,
                        Thanks for your posts and assistance, special thank you for Nick taking the the trouble to post the pictures. To summarize - all are in agreement the collar tabs are wrong, the basic uniform is a correct summer tunic. Majority say the eagle is bad. If I bought it and got a set of perhaps correct G.J. collar tabs and went to a tailor's - do I ask him hand-stitch or machine-stitch them on ? likewise with the correct eagle do I say machine-stitch along the top edge of the eagle and hand-stitch the rest. If I restore the jacket, I want to get as near to the original as possible. Trouble is I'm unsure what has to be hand and what has to be machine-stitched ? Again thanks for the help on this.

Comment

Looks good I have a work fatigue HBT tunic that came with factory collar tabs sewn on. There had even a breast eagle on it someone sewed a repro field gray eagle to it I just left it. They say the work tunic was worn no insignia, I have seen period pictures with insignia yours is a good regular tunic 4 pocket and would have had al insignia it looks very nice regardless. timothy

Comment

Are the shoulder boards not for a polizei captain?

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X