Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
    I am sick of this sh.t and the price is just insane. J
    Your absolutely right. Even if the insignia was all originally applied $2600 is ridiculous for a M43 tunic. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
      It seems it is not the first "mistake" of this dealer.
      Of course, i can understand everybody sometimes can make an error of judgment, and it happened of course to me too.
      But when you are a pro dealer, you are supposed to have a minimal knowledge about the stuff you offer for sale, and to avoid at least obvious "errors" about it, like here.
      Or to check if your employees (if you command some) do their job properly, if they are in charge of the sale.
      Just an observation.
      derka
      I totally agree.

There is simply too much money involved to be light hearted or ignorant about these items. I won't even mention the word deception.

(Nice restored job nonetheless).

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
        Your absolutely right. Even if the insignia was all originally applied $2600 is ridiculous for a M43 tunic. Jim
        If the tunic was unmessed with and in excellent condition, the price would not be too far off. Finding a nice, original M43 in this material is very hard.... Just MO. Anyone have one for sale????

Comment

So the eagle sewn through the liner didn't make the dealer question the originality of the insignia?

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
            If the tunic was unmessed with and in excellent condition, the price would not be too far off. Finding a nice, original M43 in this material is very hard.... Just MO. Anyone have one for sale????
            In 2008, with standard untouched enlisted M43 jackets selling for $2000 and up, this would have been a very reasonable price for an untouched example in this fabric. But today...? I would call this overpriced in the current market even for an all-original field blouse.

Comment

Just MO. Anyone have one for sale???? :glasses
              Mike (Davis) has a very nice M43 in Garbardine for sale.

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
              So the eagle sewn through the liner didn't make the dealer question the originality of the insignia?
              It's not always a red flag when an eagle is sewn through the lining.

That's the matter with my EM to Officer upgraded M 43 Garbardine tunic.
              You can clearly see the old stiching of the EM eagle.
              The Officer eagle was also machine sewn through the lining.

Cheers,
              Philipp
              Last edited by Towarish; 05-14-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Clever restoration,looks very believable based on the photos.

Relic Hunter has a nice untouched gabardine M43 set.http://www.relichunter.com/heerm43gabtunic.jpg

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
                  One can certainly find plenty of examples with the national emblems originally sewn through the lining.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                    One can certainly find plenty of examples with the national emblems originally sewn through the lining.
                    And especially so with M-43 tunics made of this later War fabric.

Comment

Nice restoration job but price should reflect.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                        Clever restoration,looks very believable based on the photos.

Glenn
                        But not when you hold it in hand.....then its very obvious...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
                          But not when you hold it in hand.....then its very obvious...

Yes of course. Just saying that it is well done compared to some of the restorations I have seen,especially the folding & sewing of the collar tabs.

Glenn
                          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I agree, if the tunic were all original it would be an attractive price. Untouched (a term which is overused on the Forum imo) tunics are far rarer than many realize.

Comment

So it's ok for a dealer to offer one at a high price? But if joe blow offered it on the estand for similar you very same guys would jump all over their azz and ridicule the hell out of it....pffft...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                                I'm sure Bruce is not aware of the history of this tunic, and has relied too much on the assurances of the consignor...
                                Oh yeah?... More than one of his dirty items has been up for discussion here. And got the

My guess is that he just doesn´t care. Of course he is aware of what he is selling. He´s just another Winkler. IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X