Post your uniforms with photo in wear - any organisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your uniforms with photo in wear - any organisation

With photography already being wide spread in the middle of the 20th century, there actually are quite a few surviving uniforms with clear photographic evidence of their existance in WWII floating around today.

I just love to see uniforms (or visors) in their original context. To me, that's the ultimate "window into the past". I've seen some posted here before but have a feeling that not everyone appreciates these groupings as much as I do (I've even seen photos or entire albums being sold separately with the items pictured right there next to it).

I'm starting by posting an RLB officer's tunic (you may say I'm cheating as it's not WH but I figured most uniforms will be WH so better start the thread here). An interesting feature about this particular example i.e. are the Austrian pockets (usually not found on these RLB tunics). The tunic was tailored in Vienna and with the period pic, I hope all doubts are cast away that this is a period piece.

So gentlemen, please post yours, looking forward to your contributions.... Kurt
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Leutnant Voss of PzRgt 11 and Feldherrnhalle. He is still alive and has written an interesting book:
          http://www.amazon.de/Letzte-Division.../dp/3923995261
          http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...QEwAg&dur=1717
          Attached Files
          Last edited by LuckyStrike23; 04-28-2013, 03:56 AM. Reason: .

Comment

a pic made in August 1945!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

The wrap of Udo Haupt. Its for sure the same wrap. It was found recently in that condition - everything original sewn, but the skulls were missing.
              Attached Files

Comment

already posted in the SS section - Oskar Klingelhöfers tunic:
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                  Unknown Gj soldier all original insignia and award ,note non regulation placement of sleave patches can clearly be seen in photo as can bump in pocket ,whistle and the oversize shoulders,shield never had a backing fitted by tabs through slits in arm ,they broke and he them hand sewn it on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
                        Hi,
                        Unknown Gj soldier all original insignia and award ,note non regulation placement of sleave patches can clearly be seen in photo as can bump in pocket ,whistle and the oversize shoulders,shield never had a backing fitted by tabs through slits in arm ,they broke and he them hand sewn it on.
                        Looks nice. I would say the collar tabs were changed out after the pic. Not saying it wasn't done wartime, just comparing the 2, that's all.

Comment

LuckyStrike and Kurt, you both have great taste!!!

Comment

Thanks guys for your contributions so far ... I find it amazing how these little "flaws" and dents in the fabric are still visible after roughly 70 years (especially obvious in merdock's WH and LuckyStrike23's SS officer's tunics).

Keep them coming... Kurt

Comment

Here is the tunic and portrait of a young Leutnant Theiding in 209 inf. reg.

Sins the picture was taken the boards have been sewn in(loops still visible underneath) and regimental numbers have been added..

Sorry for the poor pictures, only have my phone camera at the moment..
                              Jens
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X