griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boards and tabs Reserve Recruiter, Wehrkreis 6, Westphalia, Rhineland, and the Eupen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boards and tabs Reserve Recruiter, Wehrkreis 6, Westphalia, Rhineland, and the Eupen

I am told these are for a Reserve Recruiter, Wehrkreis 6, Westphalia, Rhineland, and the Eupen-Malmedy district of Belgium. Again I have had these for many years, and I believe that they came in the bunch of stuff that a vet gave me that had the DAK stuff I posted in the other sections....Afrika, black Afrikakorps title and etc., as well as the Afrika Campaign medal I posted. They were a part of the gift, probably about 50 years ago; however, due to my stroke, I do not remember all the exact details. I am posting some of this stuff because a couple of guys in one of the other posts said they wanted to see more of what I had left. I sold most of my stuff in the early to mid-80s in 3 groups that went to different buyers and groups of buyers. One brought a rental van (don't remember what company) and left with it pretty well full. The other two groups didn't have those big closed vans though.....smaller vehicles. I wish I still had it, I could get a lot more now.....I sold an SS panzer uniform for $1000 then, and a general's tunic for somewhere near that price.......oh well.

I may add more shots to these as I locate them. By the way, these things I am posting are not what I sold, but what I kept.......couldn't bring myself to sell it all, since I had been collecting it since I was about 6 years old....starting in 1946.

Ron

Look good IMO and a piping color you don't come across often, nice keepers Ron. Brian Davis's book "German Army Uniforms and Insignia 1933-1945" on page 26 has a set of enlisted boards and tabs shown and states the Recruiting office is VI military district (Münster), then goes on to say this orange waffenfarbe was superseded during 1942 by white color waffenfarbe.

hope this helps!

Kevin
    Last edited by WEISNER; 04-07-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your comments and information. I am getting ready to post a few more boards and tabs, Heer and LW, if I can do it tonight.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X