Tropical Tunic Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Tunic Buttons

Here's by two different dealers and just about identical sets of buttons on manufacture's card.

I don't know of any tropical buttons in this color scheme in use, but other than the SS style tunics normaly with the manufacturer's logo "JFS 41/42

I strongly beleive these to be a spun up fantasy piece, but nevertheless, would be an abstract and appeaqling tropical collectors item. Please see link VS. attachements for comparison. Any other opinions please???

Thanks for looking

http://www.alliedandaxismilitaria.co...wphoto.php?x=0

-Ray-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by -Ray-; 04-05-2013, 11:56 AM.

2 of 3
    Attached Files
    Last edited by -Ray-; 04-05-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

3 of 3
      Attached Files

Comment

LW buttons are this color aren't they? Heer buttons used on tunics are more olive usually. In the 80s at German shows I used to see boxes of stuff like this that was left over.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          LW buttons are this color aren't they? Heer buttons used on tunics are more olive usually. In the 80s at German shows I used to see boxes of stuff like this that was left over.
          LW tropical buttons are chocolate brown, Heer are indeed olive...SS did sometimes use this light tan color on their tunics/ saharianas
          but I am not comfortable with these either...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            Coventionally a chocolate brown for LW. Thanks for the response.

*** Nick we must have been simultaneously responding with the same answer as I see you beat me to the punch.

-Ray-

Comment

Hi to all,
              so if I have well understood, the buttons presented by Ray were worn on the Heer uniform given that they appeared to be olive???
              Just would like a confirmation please...
              Christophorus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X