Army Tunic Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Tunic Opinions

Whats your thoughts on this tunic. I know the eagle has been replaced/resewn.
    Thanks guys

Shawn
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Bundeswehr?

Comment

It is post War German police or something like that. Not WWII.

Comment

Read some references.

Comment

Sadly they ruined a nice postwar tunic by sewing TR insignia on it and fishing for a taker! Where did you run across this one Shawn? I wonder how many other post war tunics may be on the site being passed as TR?

Kevin

Comment

Kevin, this one was at a gun show. He was selling some nice top end stuff and now looks like a bad tunic. I appreciate the info guys.

And yes I will read up on it bit guess I need to know what to read up on.

Thanks guys
              Shawn.

Comment

I learned a lot from "Feldbluse" which I bought on Amazon.com. I'd recommend it as a great reference book.

Comment

Originally posted by S. McKibben View Post
                  Kevin, this one was at a gun show. He was selling some nice top end stuff and now looks like a bad tunic. I appreciate the info guys.

And yes I will read up on it bit guess I need to know what to read up on.

Thanks guys
                  Shawn.
                  Ah the old gun show sale, little chance for a buyer to get opinions and the pressure is on as he better act fast before the show ends, or the great deal gets snapped up by another unsuspecting buyer....

Great starter book doomtown recommended, Laurent Huart and Jean-Philippe Borgs "Feldbluse the German Soldier's Field Tunic 1933-1945". it gives you a rundown of the Heer Continental enlisted and officer type issue tunics and the variants through the years, a bit on Tropical/Sud front tunics and some info on converted foreign tunics also. Great, clear large photos included showing how the Basic Infantry tunic evolved.

Another decent book that is a bit more in depth, and can be had used inexpensively on Amazon or Abebooks is the Brian Davis work "German ARMY Uniforms and Insignia 1933-1945". the Photos are not as nice as the Feldbluse book but it's more in depth as the title imply's, and it uses original wartime photos as opposed to modern models in tunics, tunics alone and wartime photos as Feldbluse does.

Both are right up your alley!

Kevin

Comment

I like "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army" Vol. 1-3
                    It's out of print but still can be found. The Davis book mentioned above is also good.(I've got two copies )

Comment

This is one of the offerings from "Relics of the Reichs" (NOT "Relics of the Reich"). On his website he identifies them as 1950's era tunics, but I am not sure he was doing that at the shows. I saw it in Houston last month. I see the tunic has sprouted a pair of shoulderboards since I last saw it.

Don

Comment

The first "SS" tunic I bought as a young collector was a Post War FRG Police tunic with SS insignia and I thought it was real for almost ten years. Everybody learns with time. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

I'm very careful with badges as I've been burned by IABs recently too the point that I always get second opinions now.

Comment

Very Much appreciated guys!! I will be buying some books thanks for the info on which books to get. Have a great night.

Shawn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X