Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John vd Heijden Eagle collection

Greetings All,

Yesterday, as a tribute to one of our members that has just passed, the moderators pinned the thread "some bevo eagle,s" by John vd Heijden. This was John's cloth eagle collection of BeVo weave eagles. He had one of the best collections that I have ever seen. Not only did he have Heer eagles, he had Kriegsmarine, Coastal Arty, Luftwaffe and some SS.

This thread can be found pinned in the Collections Display Forum or you can click on this link:

dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367761

Thanks Johnny, you added alot to this hobby! R.I.P.

kriegsmarine eagles

RIP

very large collection, but not all of the Kriegsmarine eagles are genuine WW2

IMO fake:
    # 22 middle one
    # 27 upper one

comments welcome
    Last edited by glaser; 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Greetings All,

Glaser, in your opinion they are reproduction. Alot of the collecting community believe that this style/pattern of eagle is original. Manufacturing techniques are acceptable 3rd Reich style and materials are period. There has been no period picture of this eagle found yet.

Please give me your specific reasons why this style/pattern is a reproduction. I want to learn something.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
        RIP

very large collection, but not all of the Kriegsmarine eagles are genuine WW2

IMO fake:
        # 22 middle one
        # 27 upper one

comments welcome
        I have no problems with these and even have the CA version uniform removed.

Comment

Greetings All,

I really want to know why you think that these are reproduction eagles.

Fred

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
          Greetings All,

Glaser, in your opinion they are reproduction. Alot of the collecting community believe that this style/pattern of eagle is original. Manufacturing techniques are acceptable 3rd Reich style and materials are period. There has been no period picture of this eagle found yet.

Please give me your specific reasons why this style/pattern is a reproduction. I want to learn something.

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X