Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS sleeve insignia question

Hello folks,

I was offered this pair of insignia, and it is out of an old collection. It was alledged that these are sleeve insignia for a certain SS volunteer unit.

Upon doing a bit of research I have learned that this shield is for the Ukranian volunteers in the German Army.

The design is printed on a cotton material. The border of the one shown is either a very dark green or black. The border of the one shown in the reference features a green border.

Anyone have an opinion on the authenticity of this piece? If real, what is it worth?

Thanks for the help.

Calvin
    Attached Files
    -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

It is not very good printed.....see the colour is in the symbol....

Comment

some more info please

I would like to hear some more about these things as i have about 11 diferent ones that (as the so called letter of authenticity goes) were forund in roll's in april of 1945 near the Vlasov Army of National Liberation (AKA the Vlasov Volenteer army) Camp HQ.near Leipzig Germany. I was very and still am skeptical as to the authenticity but I got the whole pile for a nice price even if bad they look good on displayI will try to post a shot of the whole lott .
      Latter
      Jerry

Comment

Here is a shot of the patches

sorry for the bad pic but it is late but this is the lott That I bought that supposedly came from the Vaslov army baracks and was brought back in large rolls one roll for each diferent patch. They are all printed exept for the IDEL-URAL which is embroidered.
        What do you think?
        Thank you
        Jerry
        Attached Files
        Last edited by soldat45; 09-09-2002, 01:42 AM.

Comment

To Calvin and Soldat 45

Have a look at my web-site re your shields. Even though not all of my shields are on the site yet I think I can help you both.

http://website.lineone.net/~thevolunteers/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X