Grossdeutschland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grossdeutschland

For the love of God, will someone post pics of some GD militaria?

Here's a basic third pattern cuffband to get the ball rolling

Comment

Here is the Jacket of Max Fabich, commander ofthe Panzer Fusillier Regt GD (German Cross and awards not original to the piece).
      Attached Files

Comment

And yes Rick, I know the picture is too large, but it is 0200 hrs. and I am just to damn tired to re-size it.
        Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 07-12-2002, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Sadly now traded away...
          Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder Boards

Set of shoulder boards.
            Cheers Jack.

Comment

The boards.
              Last edited by Jack; 06-14-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Tunic

Untouched Tunic.
                Cheers Jack
                Last edited by Jack; 06-14-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Grossdeutschland militaria

Hello,

Some pics of GD militaria:

Click here to see more of those GD militaria..

Happy collecting!

Philippe

www.majorplm.com

Comment

Hi Phillipe,
                    are you sure the 3rd one is good?
                    I was always under the impression that the connection between the "G-R" was different and have returned a band just like this one for that very reason.
                    On the copperplate versions there should be two stripes between the G and R and the H should have a little tail going backwards.

All the best
                    Chris

P.S. I have infrnt of me another one like this, but bought as a copy, I just cant get my scanner working at the moment.

Comment

Grossdeutschland fourth model cufftitle

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your answer about this Grossdeutschland fourth model cufftitle (repro or not ?).

I’m actually checking my docs. (German military cuffbands 1784-Present by G.Williamson & Thomas McGuirl and others books too.). In page 78 there is 2 pictures of GD cuffband, the second in "Copperplate" script and it is obvious that you are correct on this one and all the details you provide.

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier
                      I was always under the impression that the connection between the "G-R" was different and have returned a band just like this one for that very reason.
                      On the copperplate versions there should be two stripes between the G and R and the H should have a little tail going backwards.
                      If I missed this one at this time (should be drunk or very tired this day!!! - just kidding!), I’m happy today to have an opportunity to update my knowledge, that’s why this forum is great, I always double check all items with books, original photo, my own experience etc. etc. but sometimes I could be wrong too.

Those cufftitles belong to friend (long term documents collector), and if I remember he bought the third one on a local show in Germany in 1984 inside a small group.. I'll email him to tell me more about the provenance.

If anyone have additional informations about GD 4th model cuffband, please post.

Thanks again for your message.

Keep in touch!

Philippe

www.majorplm.com
                      Last edited by Philippe; 07-15-2002, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Here is the example I Had/Have...
                        Attached Files

Comment

here is a nicer one
                          Attached Files

Comment

And closer detail....
                            Attached Files

Comment

@@@@@@Chris

Hello Chris ....

Das Ärmelband in schreibschrift ist mir so nicht bekannt mit vergleich von Photos....z.B. von McGuirl die Geschichte der Panzergrenadierdivision GD auf Seite 223 hat ein Obergefreiter Hans Sachs das RK bekommen er trägt das Ärmelband in Schreibschrift ...mit vergleich eurer Stücke ist ein Unterschied festzustellen 1.
                              Das C war nicht wie ein E gestickt...2. das G war ein eigener Buchstabe dann kam das r....
                              Auf einer Wochenschau 1944 wird es gezeigt...Als Dr.Göppels die Patenschaft der Division übernahm....Dort ist es besser sichtbar....H.Weitze hat übrigens auch eine Feldbluse die die Fertigungsvariante zeigt....
                              Dies ist mir soweit aufgefallen ich hoffe soweit geholfen zu haben......

Bitte H.Boonzaier um eine Übersetzung denn mein Englisch ist gut zu lesen aber schreiben,,,,,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X