Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tunic - Oberstleutnant iG Sigmund Freiherr von Imhoff

Hello, All -

Just received this old-style Reichsheer tunic in today, named to Sigmund Freiherr von Imhoff when he was a Hauptmann in the 7.Artillerie Regiment. von Imhoff's father actually had a role in putting down the Beer Hall Putsch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch - see under "Counterattack"). It is interesting that von Imhoff pere still rose to become a Polizeigeneral and was later seconded to the Luftwaffe as a Generalmajor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_von_Imhoff).

Imhoff the younger also found time to write propaganda for the Wehrmacht, contributing an article on German artillery for Kleines Krieghefte volume 9 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/86042052/K...den-die-Waffen) after the fall of Poland, where he served as a batteriechef in the 7.Artillerie, and continued to do so as an Oberleutnant through France, rising to Hauptmann and then moving on to the General Staff in 1941. Major von Imhoff was KIA in Russia near Flewada on 10 August 1941 as Ia of the famous 44.Infanterie Division "Hoch und Deutschmeister". He was posthumously promoted to Oberstleutnant.

I was very happy to get a tunic with a good deal of history behind it - if anyone has any other information about Herr von Imhoff, I would appreciate you letting me know.

Don
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DonC; 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM.

Too bad about the mothing - they really went after the eagle... I know it looks carmine in some of the pics, but it is Hochrot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Love that high and tight Reichswehr collar!
      Attached Files

Comment

Don congratulations on such a historically important tunic.

Comment

Don, awsome tunic!

Comment

A very nice tunic, Don. Congrats!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
              Too bad about the mothing - they really went after the eagle...
              Why only the eagle, and nothing else?

Comment

Don,

That's a great acquisition. I too like the typical Reichswehr collar. Looks to be of extremely high quality judging by the sheen of the cloth.

Do you think the eagle may be a replacement, not that it's the end of the world? The whole dark green surround is very ragged.

Mike

Comment

All, I am pretty sure the eagle is original to the tunic. It's not the only part wtih moth damage, I just didn't capture the rest with my photos. There are several nibbles on the cuffs and arms, but they are pretty minor. The eagle took the biggest hit. Thanks for the kind compliments - finding something like this out there restores my faith that there are still some nice pieces to be found.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X