Gepensterbrigade badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gepensterbrigade badge

This was in that old collection I bought recently and I thought it was some kind of a Freikorps badge or the like until I put the name in a web search. One site showed it as an Army unit badge but had no further information. It's pretty nicely detailed and seems to have a gilt and silver wash finish. Measures 25mm. Anybody know who these guys were? Bottom edge says SR110.

As a point of interest I was on a house call the other day and saw a veteran of the 29th Division's war stuff the family wanted to sell. Mostly dreck but there were some tired assault and wound badges in a small box and a real Windhund badge. As usual they felt they would be able to retire early by selling this stuff and I couldn't make a deal to buy anything.
    Attached Files

The backside.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nutmeg,
      isnt this the div sign for the ghost division (11th armoured ??)

Ashley

Comment

Looks ok, I think there are two versions of this badge applying to different units.

Comment

Schützen-Rgt. 110

Nutmeg,
          The SR 110 stands for Schützen-Rgt. 110 of the 11. Schützen-Brigade in 1939 which was shortly incorporated into the 11th Panzer-Division. In 1942 this unit was renamed to Panzergrenadier-Rgt. 110.

I believe this was some sort of commemorative badge. I've seen another for the sister Regiment of SR 110, Schützen-Rgt. 111. Neat badge!
          Hope this helps
          Mike

Comment

I think this is the only picture I've seen of it in wear.In this case by a LW Flak guy supposedly with the V2 Project at Penemunde. Whys he wearing it? I can only guess that he was with the Heer and transfered to the LW or more logically (in my mind) served with a FLAK unit supporting the Division. Could be the Divisions way of showing respect/gratitude for a job well done. Jim

Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for the info and pictures.

Comment

Gespenter Brigade Angern

Here is a variation of the badge; this one for Schuetzen Rgt. 111.
                Attached Files

Comment

The back

Here is a view of the back.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X