Score in Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score in Vegas

While I was in Vegas this week, I picked up an adminstrative officer tunic and green-striped pants (the tunic has the administration litzen on the collar). The tunic is named, and I was wondering if anybody could help with the name. The veteran's son said that his dad claimed to have gotten it from Von Rundstedt's house, but obviously if that is true, it belonged to a staff member. It should hopefully be possible to research this guy, to see if he was indeed a staff-member of the General's coterie.
    Attached Files

Maybe it's Betz?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
      Maybe it's Betz?
      Fitting name for Vegas.

Comment

You should contact this guy, he knows everything about militaria-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Gottlieb

Comment

TFF!!!!
          pseudo-expert

Comment

How about piccies of the tunic?

Comment

I'll shoot the tunic pics next week. It also came with a GREAT Ike Jacket. The vet who got the tunic was apparently in Audie Murphy's unit. The jacket had been on Antique Road Show a couple years back, so the story goes. Am going to try to hunt for the episode.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                You should contact this guy, he knows everything about militaria-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Gottlieb
                That guy is an expert who I have seen on a T.V. show shot in Vegas, He was called in as an expert to vet a gun if I remember right? Yes Johnny I agree he would be the guy to contact!

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                  That guy is an expert who I have seen on a T.V. show shot in Vegas, He was called in as an expert to vet a gun if I remember right? Yes Johnny I agree he would be the guy to contact!

Kev
                  He is also really good at writing in the third person and is photogenic too.

I will look forward to seeing the tunic, Rick Research is the only person I know that has the service and rank list for Admin officers. What is the rank on the tunic? The abbreviations on the label are the rank, the boards and piping color will help figure out what it is.

Comment

It's LTC Colonel (braid with one acorn). Pants are admin piped (green). Here's a quick pic from my kitchen.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                      He is also really good at writing in the third person and is photogenic too.

I will look forward to seeing the tunic, Rick Research is the only person I know that has the service and rank list for Admin officers. What is the rank on the tunic? The abbreviations on the label are the rank, the boards and piping color will help figure out what it is.

There is one other person who has a Beamte Rangliste, and he frequents GMIC, and AHF IIRC. He post's under Glenn J and he also has a copy. IIRC that's where Rick got his copy! I have also heard rumblings of a library in Munich that has an original copy.............

High career and Crimson nebenfarbe....not too many careers to slot him into. General Stab would be the one that come's instantly to mind.

Thanks for posting the piccie.

Larry

Comment

With the higher rank it will be easier to figure out who he was if you can find someone with the list for Administration officer. Crimson is the color for Staff appointments but also for other jobs. The first word is hard to make out, typical titles for the major rank etc. would be Amtsrat or Regierungrat assuming he was later promoted by wars end. Amtsrat would be the best fit but the handwriting is hard to make out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong View Post
                          There is one other person who has a Beamte Rangliste, and he frequents GMIC, and AHF IIRC. He post's under Glenn J and he also has a copy. IIRC that's where Rick got his copy! I have also heard rumblings of a library in Munich that has an original copy.............

High career and Crimson nebenfarbe....not too many careers to slot him into. General Stab would be the one that come's instantly to mind.

Thanks for posting the piccie.

Larry
                          Yes, I forgot that he also has it. He is more active on GMIC than here. I wish they would scan it. There are copies in Germany but it is hard to get them to help with TR stuff. The 1939 list I have seen in catalog listings but there is usually a page limit for what they are willing to copy.

Comment

Leutnant<O</O
                            Sekretar Verwaltungsekretar
                            a.p. Bibliotheksinspektor
                            <O</O

Oberleutnant<O</O
                            Regierungsinspektor<O</O
                            Verwaltungsinspektor<O</O
                            Ministerialregistrator<O</O
                            Trigonometer<O</O
                            Kartograph<O</O
                            Bibliothekinspektor<O</O
                            <O</O

Hauptmann<O</O
                            Regierungsrat<O</O
                            Regierungoberinspektor<O</O
                            Verwaltungsoberinspektor<O</O
                            Obertrigonometer<O</O
                            Oberkartograph<O</O
                            Bibliothekar<O</O
                            Bibliothekaroberinspektor<O</O
                            a.p. Heeressportleher

<O</O

Major<O</O
                            Regierungsrat with the rank of Major<O</O
                            Amtsrat<O</O
                            Verwaltungsamtmann at the OKH and OKW<O</O
                            Vermessungamtmann<O</O
                            Bibliothekar with the rank of Major
                            Heerssportleher

<O</O

Obrestleutnant<O</O
                            Oberregierungsrat<O</O
                            Ministerialburodirektor<O</O
                            Amtsrat with the rank of Obrestleutnant

Larry<O</O

Comment

Holy crap. That is one Heer tunic I would love to have for my collection. There are a few cool specialties he could have been, which could have been linked to the General Staff or etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X