Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m44 Jacket

Hello to all,

I wish your opinion on this jacket mod 44 in Italian sheet.
    the seller did not skimp on photos.
    The jacket gives me a good impression all the same but as I have not it in collection and it is not possible to compare
    thank you for your opinions
    Badges went back up
    here are the photos

thanks a lot
    best regards
    Jérôme

The base tunic is original issue, obvioulsy it has some issues...

Comment

If im not misstaken this jacket was listed on ebay some time ago without the hole in the back patched and with no collartabs!

In my eyes a good original stripped one with a huge hole in the back!

The collartabs i dont know if they are original or not but however a totally ****ty restoration job on them, same with the hole in the back that the material is totally off

Comment

hello
        thanks for your opinions..
        yes i agree.. for me the collars tabs are fakes.
        i have a half pants to make a restauration...
        thanks a lot..
        best regards.
        jerome

Comment

Yep I agree with what has been pointed out! I will add though that for me in this condition (any photos of the back before the sheet was sewn on?) it is worth only perhaps $100-$150.00 and no more....

regardless IMO I would just save the money and wait until I could afford a decent example that is at least in one solid piece! even a decent condition example missing the insignia would be well worth the wait as this will never be right, even after sewing on a gaberdine repair patch.

there must be some photos around of the repaired area before this was done, please post so we can see what had happened? Perhaps sombody cut out a POW marked area?

Kevin

Comment

Is it my eyes fooling me or does the right pocket appear to be made later than the left one? The thread looked different to me, it doesn't seem to match the left pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by DennyB View Post
              Is it my eyes fooling me or does the right pocket appear to be made later than the left one? The thread looked different to me, it doesn't seem to match the left pocket.
              I think is was built with this pocket, but an in hand would be nice as You may see somthing I don't Denny!

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by DennyB View Post

Yes,it appears that one pocket is replaced and sewn through the interior pocket.

I would say that the missing back section was used to make the pocket.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I sure missed that Glenn!

Kev

Comment

thanks a lot

hello to all
                    Yes, the seller stipulates that he took a piece of the back to redo the pocket which was absent.
                    Thank you for your opinions.

And if somebody has the same thing for $200 I am his man

best regards
                    Jérôme

Comment

Originally posted by jérôme View Post
                      hello to all
                      Yes, the seller stipulates that he took a piece of the back to redo the pocket

Jérôme

And ruined the tunic.....

what a incompetent ******"%% !!

Comment

I can't believe I just read that...cutting a huge hole out of the back to make a pocket?

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X