Panzer hauptmann boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer hauptmann boards

I bought these on e-stand a while ago, but I wanted to double check them as they do not have a stiffener. They have two types of pips that square up with the boards instead of typically being angled.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

The pips are incorrect in placement and type (they should not be the silver NCO type). Especially on the shiny parade boards I expect proper golden pips placed correctly.
      Sometimes one sees original grey zinc pips on officer boards but that is almost always golden pips that have lost the gold wash over the years. The pips on your boards were never gold.

Comment

Thanks. It looks like the bottom pips had been angled at one time and then adjusted. So possibly assembled? Are the pips and boards authentic?

Comment

Originally posted by jonathancol View Post
          Thanks. It looks like the bottom pips had been angled at one time and then adjusted. So possibly assembled? Are the pips and boards authentic?

The boards are original, IMO

The bottom pips are nice early type NCO pips.

Comment

IMO the boards are OK, they are parade type, and it looks like someone just added the pips to add value. No officer would wear them so close like that and as mentioned they are not officer pips.

Comment

Thanks! It definitely (now that I see it) looks like someone filled the existing middle cypher holes and bottom hole with pips!
              Last edited by jonathancol; 07-07-2012, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X